Will Cybernetics be 'Haraam' and considered as 'Washm' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some place in the future where 'Cybernetics' is finally available to be used, will 'Muslims' use it or will it be considered haraam along with most other forms of "permanent" physical modifications?

giphy.gif

@syntax @Amun @sophisticate @Somali_Tycoon

M

Mr.Stone

Here you have a answer.

Sculpting with clay is one of the kinds of image-making, some of which is permissible and some is haraam. That which is haraam is that which shows images of animate beings, both humans and animals, because of the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which were narrated by Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: I heard Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever makes an image in this world will be commanded to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will not be able to do that.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2112) and Muslim (2110).

As for that which is permissible, it is images of anything that does not have a soul, so it is permissible to sculpt images in clay of mosques, houses, trees and other inanimate objects.

Here you have a answer.

Sculpting with clay is one of the kinds of image-making, some of which is permissible and some is haraam. That which is haraam is that which shows images of animate beings, both humans and animals, because of the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which were narrated by Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: I heard Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever makes an image in this world will be commanded to breathe the soul into it on the Day of Resurrection, and he will not be able to do that.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2112) and Muslim (2110).

As for that which is permissible, it is images of anything that does not have a soul, so it is permissible to sculpt images in clay of mosques, houses, trees and other inanimate objects.

So does that mean owning Robots will be Haraam?

M

Mr.Stone

One can conclude if cybernetics involves creating robots on the appearance of human's animals anything that is animate, it is indeed haram according to your religion.

Brought to you by Sheik Mr.Stone thee Atheist.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm no scholar, but I was under the impression that auxiliary body modification (which includes unnecessary cybernetic implants/integration) is haram, correct me if I'm wrong. Robots are more of an aid so - no.

One can conclude if cybernetics involves creating robots on the appearance of human's animals anything that is animate, it is indeed haram according to your religion.

Brought to you by Sheik Mr.Stone thee Atheist.

By cybernetics on this thread I meant to link it on judging 'body-modifications' like tattoos, but as for your view on Robots they aren't used for Pets or Worship like hubal but more to assist you on everyday life matters. So technically for me, they aren't haram!

I'm no scholar, but I was under the impression that auxiliary body modification (which includes unnecessary cybernetic implants/integration) is haram, correct me if I'm wrong. Robots are more of an aid so - no.

That's exactly what I had in mind, but then I noticed cybernetics is important for people with health problems or those who want to extend their lives so technically is not really haram...

i have not assimilated enough data to answer your question.

According to your conclusive hadeeth that goes back to a millennium, people where forbidden to make human/animal figurines so that they wouldn't go back to worshipping them. But today/or future humans need the look-alike to assist them in their everyday lives, plus Robots aren't statues so its technically a loop-hole! XD

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Da whole point is retarded middle easterners back in da day would end up randomly worshipping statues it aint really relative no more

Da whole point is retarded middle easterners back in da day would end up randomly worshipping statues it aint really relative no more

They actually would, that's why it was banned and paganism to be shunned for eternity in that region.

M

Mr.Stone

According to your conclusive hadeeth that goes back to a millennium, people where forbidden to make human/animal figurines so that they wouldn't go back to worshipping them. But today/or future humans need the look-alike to assist them in their everyday lives, plus Robots aren't statues so its technically a loop-hole! XD

:comeon::childplease: :lebronwtf: Waar muxuu ku hadlayaa have you even read the hadith i posted ? it's answering in a broad way saying anything that has a soul is not permitted to be painted sculpted etc, as for you looking for a loop hole going by your logic because hadeeth were written at a certain time at a certain period era it doesn't apply at this very moment ? abrogation much :umwhat:

:comeon::childplease: :lebronwtf: Waar muxuu ku hadlayaa have you even read the hadith i posted ? it's answering in a broad way saying anything that has a soul is not permitted to be painted sculpted etc, as for you looking for a loop hole going by your logic because hadeeth were written at a certain time at a certain period era it doesn't apply at this very moment ? abrogation much :umwhat:

Whatever, I'm going to get myself a Subway to make myself better! :childplease:

So cya and until then! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts