Why is the bar set so low for Somali men?

If this doesn't apply to you, then don't be a fàggot and start having a meltdown, I'm speaking in general terms

If you're:
  • Gainfully employed (white-collar)
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming & hit the gym
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Graduated from a decent Uni with good grade
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer

If you hit even 3 of the afformentioned 6 bullet-points, then you're basically seen as Saint. Irrespective of whatever dirt you might do on the side. But isn't this just the standard that you'd expect from most men? Why is it seen as such a momumental success in the Somali community not to be a f*ck-up failure loser?

It's crazy wallahi, random eedos will sing your praises and all the adeers try and cozy up to you in some weird attempt to try and set you up with their daughter. They're so quick to overlook all your other glaring flaws. "Waa Wiil fiican", If only you knew Abti:heh:

I reiterate; why is the bar set so low for Somali men? There's nothing praise-worthy about doing the bare minimum.

Last edited:

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Because girls are doing most of these points by the time they’re 10. They don’t train their sons the same way.
Little girls graduate uni at 10 yrs old?
IMG_1299.png

You're right though, my uncles commented on how this next gen of Somali men (especially diaspora) are lacking and they usually are positive about everything Somali. We need to course correct.

Vapour

Habeen
The vocational route is looked down on, and they have unrealistic expectations (sort of like Desi and ME parents). They want you to follow a traditional path. But after a few years, you'll be at Tesco with your useless meme degree.

If this doesn't apply to you, then don't be a fàggot and start having a meltdown, I'm speaking in general terms

If you're:
  • Gainfully employed (white-collar)
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming & hit the gym
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Graduated from a decent Uni with good grade
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer

If you hit even 3 of the afformentioned 6 bullet-points, then you're basically seen as Saint. Irrespective of whatever dirt you might do on the side. But isn't this just the standard that you'd expect from most men? Why is it seen as such a momumental success in the Somali community not to be a f*ck-up failure loser?

It's crazy wallahi, random eedos will sing your praises and all the adeers try and cozy up to you in some weird attempt to try and set you up with their daughter. They're so quick to overlook all your other glaring flaws. "Waa Wiil fiican", If only you knew Abti:heh:

I reiterate; why is the bar set so low for Somali men? There's nothing praise-worthy about doing the bare minimum.
Sad. hopefully Somali Gen z women will up their standards. There’s no hope for millennials & Gen xers

The vocational route is looked down on, and they have unrealistic expectations (sort of like Desi and ME parents). They want you to follow a traditional path. But after a few years, you'll be at Tesco with your useless meme degree.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a vocation, electricians and plumbers are some the most well paid tradesmen. I don't think most Somali parents would give a shit once you start bringing in money, but I can see why they'd be unhappy with it.

Their mindset, as warped as it might be is always: "Why are you don't manual labour when we brought you to a 1st world country?"

It's short-sighted and attitudes need to change, but come on sxb, it's like Faraxs are lining the f*ck up to be electrians/tradesmen, let's be honest here.

Sad. hopefully Somali Gen z women will up their standards. There’s no hope for millennials & Gen xers
Inshallah, the situation's dire for Somali women (who are actually educated themselves are bringing in decent money) wallahi. They're faced with a crisis that most people aren't even aware of.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a vocation, electricians and plumbers are some the most well paid tradesmen. I don't think most Somali parents would give a shit once you start bringing in money, but I can see why they'd be unhappy with it.

Their mindset, as warped as it might be is always: "Why are you don't manual labour when we brought you to a 1st world country?"

It's short-sighted and attitudes need to change, but come on sxb, it's like Faraxs are lining the f*ck up to be electrians/tradesmen, let's be honest here.

Inshallah, the situation's dire for Somali women (who are actually educated themselves are bringing in decent money) wallahi. They're faced with a crisis that most people aren't even aware of.
Extremely dire, especially in large cities like Toronto.. majority of Somali men are either locked up or dead. I suggest they go to Qatar so they can look for suitable husbands, that’s what my neighbours daughter did :russ:

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱
Lets keep it stack lil nigga at the end of the day faraxs make 💯x the guap that xalimos aint ever gon reach n thats a fact :win:

So praising the positive men in our community should be shunned? Yes why not just make it 100% criticism or completely ignore all achievements, that will definitely resolve all our problems.

Wow who would of known the solution was so simple.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF