Why you don't help Somalis

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
My little brother and I were at the mall today, just shopping around for Eid :farmajoyaab:

Their was a Somali girl whos Hijab was halfway down, I ignored it but my brother went up to her and kindly told her in private that her hijab fell and that she should pull it back up

She then cussed him out and completly removed the hijab to prove a point

:jcoleno:

Somali girls tell you to remind people in private, and when we do this happens
Lol i wouldn have said anything. Iam the type of guy that doesnt like to talk or approach strangers in the streets whether they are somali or ajnabi because you never know how they will react .But your brother is 6 so he proberly didn had bad intentions behind it :pachah1:

Ladies, I'm talking about anyone that 25+ 2nd generation

Why do you have the biggest b*tch resistant shield when it come to Somali guys outside your social circle? The newer generation is definitely far more friendly

It's usually the opposite with non-Somali women. Older Women being friendly but the younger women having a shield up front to screen you, once their comfortable with your it drops way down

Guys, has this been your experience? Or I'm I doings something wrong

they should have their shield up. Too many predatory men in our community.why should they be friendly? You’re a complete stranger. I say it is a smart move.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
they should have their shield up. Too many predatory men in our community.why should they be friendly? You’re a complete stranger. I say it is a smart move.
I can understand it coming from your sides but when your in a social event that is for a place to social with others and with their own friends who trust you. Why do they still have a a shield? Do they not know how to Socialize? That the group that confuses me the most

I can understand it coming from your sides but when your in a social event that is for a place to social with others and their own friend who trust you. Why do they still have a a shield? Do they not know how to Socialize? That the group that confuses me the most
Learn to cater to your own emotional feelings. Women are people they also have personal lives things going on in their personal lives social gatherings or not Dont forget some of us are shy. Nothing personal.

My little brother and I were at the mall today, just shopping around for Eid :farmajoyaab:

Their was a Somali girl whos Hijab was halfway down, I ignored it but my brother went up to her and kindly told her in private that her hijab fell and that she should pull it back up

She then cussed him out and completly removed the hijab to prove a point

:jcoleno:

Somali girls tell you to remind people in private, and when we do this happens

About what her being childish?
:mahubowtf:

Honestly she got were lucky it was just a child that noticed it ( until her western mindset was offended by a kid telling her some advice ) i mean if i fob saw her in that state boi let me tell you they were not going say anything to her but spread the words to other somalis/trying to find her family to tell about it. And the worst part is you will never know where they saw you from they could be front of you or over the bridge over few meters from you.
:ufdup:

Lostbox

VIP
Learn to cater to your own emotional feelings. Women are people they also have personal lives things going on in their personal lives social gatherings or not Dont forget some of us are shy. Nothing personal.
Still doesn't explain why they give you stink eye after putting about a big shield. To what make it worse, after they put about the shield and you keep catching them looking your way. They still have their shield up when you later come talk to them.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Neither does it excuse yours. Some of you generation z & faraxs in general have no sense of boundaries. Going over to a complete stranger especially of the opposite sex and giving unsolicited advice or instructions especially in regards to their attire/clothes it’s uncalled for and crosses boundaries...unacceptable!
I agree with @Amirah here, actually something quite similar happened last month in Johannesburg where I stopped by at a fob cousin for Iftaar and nah the dude point blank just wanted me to translate to his zulu neighbour whom he had disputes with , What a complete time waster , I could have been doing productive things than getting entangled in this nuisance , he is one of those religious dudes lol
So while we walked to our nearby mosque for dawn prayers, the Adhan was already we stopped at Bengali and drank water and break our fast with Persian timir and rushed in to pray.
Then we stopped by at local street vendor
There were three somali girls working on the clock , in their early 20's grilling Sambusas, bur and Bhajiya and must I remind you there were ton of people at the queue and so we put our masks on , we got the food and I was already starting the engine of the motorcycle and the cousin was still out there lecturing the girls about wearing the hijab properly , ilaahay ka baqa , typical nonsense kkkkk.

Apparently jozi/ Joburg ,can get windy during the winters sometimes even the cap you wear can fall so same thing happened to one of the girls and she didn't knew her hijab fell off. Until he blasted into their ears that it's Haram , he was going full rhetorical on them.
The girls lowered their gaze and from their face they felt ashamed , this didn't stop and kept talking about women lead people to jahanam
I wouldn't call it lecture nor unsolicited advice to strangers you barely know , he went beyond the boundaries , I had to grab him and whispered that's not how you talk to people here you damn fool , this is not Somalia , don't make a fool of yourself.

He was very stubborn and started arguing with other Somalis , they were like " War maxaa kaa galay , are you their father , if not shut your mouth "
I had grab him and walk him off

I told him I won't ever help him if he does this , I even started the engine and said good luck navigating back at maghrib , he then scoffeled said South Africa is not good place for Muslims. I told him you need to learn not to get in people's bussinesses irrespective of what they do.

Many people are like this.

Interference is not good.

@Snacks you may think is genuine advice but the people you give advice to may process it differently. Hence the aftermath it is not surprising at all.

Last edited:
I agree with @Amirah here, actually something quite similar happened last month in Johannesburg where I stopped by at a fob cousin for Iftaar and nah the dude point blank just wanted me to translate to his zulu neighbour whom he had disputes with , What a complete time waster , I could have been doing productive things than getting entangled in this nuisance , he is one of those religious dudes lol
So while we walked to our nearby mosque for dawn prayers, the Adhan was already we stopped at Bengali and drank water and break our fast with Persian timir and rushed in to pray.
Then we stopped by at local street vendor
There were three somali girls working on the clock , in their early 20's grilling Sambusas, bur and Bhajiya and must I remind you there were ton of people at the queue and so we put our masks on , we got the food and I was already starting the engine of the motorcycle and the cousin was still out there lecturing the girls about wearing the hijab properly , ilaahay ka baqa , typical nonsense kkkkk.

Apparently jozi/ Joburg ,can get windy during the winters sometimes even the cap you wear can fall so same thing happened to one of the girls and she didn't knew her hijab fell off. Until he blasted into their ears that it's Haram , he was going full rhetorical on them.
The girls lowered their gaze and from their face they felt ashamed , this didn't stop and kept talking about women lead people to jahanam
I wouldn't call it lecture nor unsolicited advice to strangers you barely know , he went beyond the boundaries , I had to grab him and whispered that's not how you talk to people here you damn fool , this is not Somalia , don't make a fool of yourself.

He was very stubborn and started arguing with other Somalis , they were like " War maxaa kaa galay , are you their father , if not shut your mouth "
I had grab him and walk him off

I told him I won't ever help him if he does this , I even started the engine and said good luck navigating back at maghrib , he then scoffeled said South Africa is not good place for Muslims. I told him you need to learn not to get in people's bussinesses irrespective of what they do.

Many people are like this.

Interference is not good.

@Snacks you may think is genuine advice but the people you give advice to may process it differently. Hence the aftermath it is not surprising at all.
Great example. Glad you took that lunatic away from those poor girls. He thought he was earning ajar by doing that but actually earned dembi for humiliating, harassing innocent strangers. Hijab slipping from your head isn’t the end of the word, it isn’t even big deal. And as women we can feel it, we know. I remember there was a thread here of a girl who reported on Twitter same thing happening to her in Somalia. And you should’ve seen the idiotic comments here supporting the random men who berated this poor girl on the streets.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Great example. Glad you took that lunatic away from those poor girls. He thought he was earning ajar by doing that but actually earned dembi for humiliating, harassing innocent strangers. Hijab slipping from your head isn’t the end of the word, it isn’t even big deal. And as women we can feel it, we know. I remember there was a thread here of a girl who reported on Twitter same thing happening to her in Somalia. And you should’ve seen the idiotic comments here supporting the random men who berated this poor girl on the streets.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you’re in Somalia/an Islamic country then their is no excuse to not wear it properly

Still doesn't explain why they give you stink eye after putting about a big shield. To what make it worse, after they put about the shield and you keep catching them looking your way. They still have their shield up when you later come talk to them.
If you’re still bothered by it maybe this is exactly why they dis it. Maybe they know you and your type. 🤔 grow up.

Ladies, I'm talking about anyone that 25+ 2nd generation

Why do you have the biggest b*tch resistant shield when it come to Somali guys outside your social circle? The newer generation is definitely far more friendly

It's usually the opposite with non-Somali women. Older Women being friendly but the younger women having a shield up front to screen you, once their comfortable with your it drops way down

Guys, has this been your experience? Or I'm I doings something wrong
probably just socially awkward

Lostbox

VIP
If you’re still bothered by it maybe this is exactly why they dis it. Maybe they know you and your type. 🤔 grow up.
Don't have the some problem with non Somali. Who knows what the cause. Not going to waste my energy on randoms, If they are friendly and don't have a gigantic shield you can see from miles away. I learnt years ago not to bother with them

It’s better that the reminder is done by family and friends.

Imagine if a complete stranger walked up to you and said your zipper was undone? You’d be extremely embarrassed, even if they took you aside. Actually especially if they took you aside.

That tantrum was about her bruised ego but maybe tell your brother not to speak to stranger even if they’re Somali. We’re strangers regardless.

Trending

Latest posts