Why the Somali Phenotype is in Decline

Abaq

VIP
Basically, diet affects physical structure. Our change in diet as nomads settled down means our phenotype is in decline.

Abaq

VIP
Ask yourself, why do nearly all youngsters nowadays need braces, but our grandparents all had perfect straight teeth? The genes haven't changed. What has?

Abaq

VIP
Before after

Attachments

• Africa_500x373.jpg
    Africa_500x373.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 167

Abaq

VIP
On point. Lol I randomly discovered all that stuff too Mewing, proper tongue posture.
Lol my parents stopped us from mouth breathing and we mainly ate meat. And home made foods.
The ctitical period is when you are in the belly. What your mum eats determines what will be your phenotype, not necessarily your breathing habit

The ctitical period is when you are in the belly. What your mum eats determines what will be your phenotype, not necessarily your breathing habit
I agree but breathing matters too. Check this out. Mouth breathing creates that melting face effect, receded chin etc.

Abaq

VIP
To simplify, if the lady eats a Westernised diet, she will most likely give birth to a child with a compromised phenotype. If she eats a nutrient dense diet, she will most likely give birth to a healthy sturdy diet. One of the easiest ways to know how sturdy someone is is to look at their teeth. If they have crooked teeth/needed braces, they have an inferior phenotype. If they have perfect straight teeth (no pointy excessive canines) they are sturdy. Also, a thin long face is a bad sign. Also look at the cheek bones, a sturdy Somali like our grandparents should have prominent cheekbones.

Examples of bad Western foods:
  • Vegetable oils (except extra virgin cold pressed olive oil)
  • White flour
  • Sugar
  • Margerine/fake butter (e.g. Flora in the UK
  • Processed foods in general

Abaq

VIP
Examples of nutrient dense Somali foods
  • Subag/butter ghee
  • Liver
  • Organic meat in general
  • Organic veggies
  • Raw milk (especially camel milk, one of the most nutritious foods on the planet)

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
If you don't have a small nose don't blame it on mouth breathing. This is not about Somali phenotype. It has more to do with facial symmetry. Even some mouth breathers can have san yar.

I read about Weston Price over a decade ago. My parents didn't eat organ meats before I was born. I was born in the west and sadly bottle fed. I was never a mouth breather but I have a symmetrical face (so please explain).

There is something called chewing with both sides of your mouth, keeping your tongue at the roof of your mouth and keeping it closed when your not talking or eating (even while you sleep). Perhaps that has been my saving grace.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
If you don't have a small nose don't blame it on mouth breathing. This is not about Somali phenotype. It has more to do with facial asymmetry. Even mouth breathers can have saan yar.

I read about Weston Price over a decade ago. My parents didn't eat organ meats before I was born. I was born in the west and sadly bottle fed. I was never a mouth breather but I have a symmetrical face (so please explain).

There is something called chewing with both sides of your mouth, keeping your tongue at the roof of your mouth and keeping it closed when your not talking or eating (even while you sleep).
They’re talking more about jaw shape, teeth sizes/straight teeth and chin size and shape more that the nose aspect. Since your eating and breathing pattern affects your mouth area most.

Abaq

VIP
If you don't have a small nose don't blame it on mouth breathing. This is not about Somali phenotype. It has more to do with facial symmetry. Even some mouth breathers can have san yar.

There is something called chewing with both sides of your mouth, keeping your tongue at the roof of your mouth and keeping it closed when your not talking or eating (even while you sleep). Perhaps that has been my saving grace.
This is more than just the shape of the nose (which I never mentioned). Inadequate prenatal nutrition affects the whole body, but the easiest place to see the effects is the maxilla (mid face) and mandible, hence the crowded and thin faces. I don't disregard other influences but you have to understand that the physical structure of organs determines their function moreso than function determing structure. I'm not saying it can't happen but the former is how is mostly happens. Get the structure right and you'll get the right function always. This isn't a personal attack on anyone and should not be seen as so.

Trending