Why Taliban won Afghanistan but Al-shabab lost Somalia

This is simply down to TRIBE. Pashtun the largest tribe in Afghanistan were pro Taliban. However Al-shabab are mostly made up of small weak clans such as West Gedo community, jareeer and eelaays. I don't even see Al-shabab as a real threat.

What worries me more is Somalia's political instability. If the president could fire the PM at will than this will give us political stability. The real enemy is langaab tribes like West Gedo or Lascanood who come to us with many diffenet faces. Sometimes they fight us with tribe, other times as pro Al-shabab and sometimes as Al- Sufa. We crushed Al-Sufa last month and we crushed CBB.

This is why Al-shabab does not control a major Somali town. In fact they grew to become powerful under Famajoo's tenure who he himself is a langaab (small clan).

President HSM is landheere (big clan) and already he taking land from Al-shabab as did president sheikh Shariff who is another man from a big clan.

Simply Al-shabab are only capable of blowing up and assassinations . They don't have support from Somalia's big clans and only attract support from small clans.

Already people from West Gedo and far areas such as Lascanood are supportive of Al-Shabab because of Farmajoo losing the election. But these are small and insignificant clans, no real problem

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Imagine if the Hawiye tribe was united behind Shabaab.

That’s what happened in Afghanistan. The comparisons are very inept and show a lack of understanding.

Imagine if the Hawiye tribe was united behind Shabaab.

That’s what happened in Afghanistan. The comparisons are very inept and show a lack of understanding.

We got one big problem and it is political. Our power base is merged with Somalia's 4.5 system. and the PM.

The Good news is that inshallah the 4.5 and PM system will be destroyed with 1m1v system to start within fives years. To further strenghthen this Benedir state will be stablished.

However we do now control a Somalia that is internationally recognised country. Somaliland doesn't have this. Sovereignty has a lot of benefits if used well.

Also I believe that all HAG are waking up to the fact that Al-shabaab is pro langaab Darood organisation. This is why reer Beledweyn killed a lot of them this week. Basically Al-shabab is CBB with a religious cloak.

This is simply down to TRIBE. Pashtun the largest tribe in Afghanistan were pro Taliban. However Al-shabab are mostly made up of small weak clans such as West Gedo community, jareeer and eelaays. I don't even see Al-shabab as a real threat.

What worries me more is Somalia's political instability. If the president could fire the PM at will than this will give us political stability. The real enemy is langaab tribes like West Gedo or Lascanood who come to us with many diffenet faces. Sometimes they fight us with tribe, other times as pro Al-shabab and sometimes as Al- Sufa. We crushed Al-Sufa last month and we crushed CBB.

This is why Al-shabab does not control a major Somali town. In fact they grew to become powerful under Famajoo's tenure who he himself is a langaab (small clan).

President HSM is landheere (big clan) and already he taking land from Al-shabab as did president sheikh Shariff who is another man from a big clan.

Simply Al-shabab are only capable of blowing up and assassinations . They don't have support from Somalia's big clans and only attract support from small clans.

Already people from West Gedo and far areas such as Lascanood are supportive of Al-Shabab because of Farmajoo losing the election. But these are small and insignificant clans, no real problem
This man is the somali Qanon types from America. There's always a nation wide laascaanoob or west gedo conspiracy coming to get his macawis. Instead of the Jewish question, we have the Laascaanoob question! Oh my, I love you bro. You're a legend.

This man is the somali Qanon types from America. There's always a nation wide laascaanoob or west gedo conspiracy coming to get his macawis. Instead of the Jewish question, we have the Laascaanoob question! Oh my, I love you bro. You're a legend.

Your a good example. Where were you when Farmajoo was president? How comes you just popped up now that HSM is back in power. You remind me of these dudes.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I just used to stalk alot without talking. I am not from Laascaanoob tho. I am near there however 😘🤫🤭
Nail your colours to the mast and tell us if you were also a Farmaajo fanboy. I am yet to not see here a SSC citizen not a Farmaajo supporter. Very weird given how inept that idiot was

bidenkulaha

GalYare
How has Al Shabab lost?
Shabaab is confined to the countryside and tuulos. It doesn’t control any capital regions other than Buale.

And the SNA is only going to increase in numbers and funding. Hassan had just made the deals with Danaab and Gorgor by the end of his term and now the SNA numbers in the tens of thousands paid a decent wage regularly.

Inshallah he can expand on that progress made under his term and all the territory he captured so he can fight Shabaab in the remaining towns they control

World

VIP
Shabaab is confined to the countryside and tuulos. It doesn’t control any capital regions other than Buale.

And the SNA is only going to increase in numbers and funding. Hassan had just made the deals with Danaab and Gorgor by the end of his term and now the SNA numbers in the tens of thousands paid a decent wage regularly.

Inshallah he can expand on that progress made under his term and all the territory he captured so he can fight Shabaab in the remaining towns they control
Has their fighting power been reduced? Not really, they withdrew from capital regions because they don’t need to control them and would have lost men unnecessarily.

Financially are they weakened? No, they tax every business and have isbaaros on every road in South-Central Somalia and control one of the most forested regions in Somalia which they make tens of millions from by selling charcoal.

So how have they lost?

Has their fighting power been reduced? Not really, they withdrew from capital regions because they don’t need to control them and would have lost men unnecessarily.

Financially are they weakened? No, they tax every business and have isbaaros on every road in South-Central Somalia and control one of the most forested regions in Somalia which they make tens of millions from by selling charcoal.

So how have they lost?

They only recently grew in power because of Farmajoo alliance and support. Even with Farmajoo's support they could not capture new territory.

Al-shabab doesn't have support from big clans which explains why they lost capability of taking major towns or cities. I really don't see them as a threat but just a nuisance.

Good example is what happened to them in Galkacyo. All it takes is to show zero mercy and good intelligence and they will fizzle away.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

So how have they lost?
To me this is a political loss. If you can’t control any major cities and are confined to being effectively a mafia rather than an Islamic government.

Even so the isbaaro you mention and taxation is a problem the FGS will eventually solve.

Unfortunately under Farmaajo’s watch this has increased but HSM will win this battle against them.

World

VIP
To me this is a political loss. If you can’t control any major cities and are confined to being effectively a mafia rather than an Islamic government.

Even so the isbaaro you mention and taxation is a problem the FGS will eventually solve.
Did the Taliban have more control financially and territorially in Afghanistan before the US withdrew than Al Shabab currently does in South-Central Somalia? If so, how can you say the Taliban won and Al Shabab failed? It’s not possible to judge that until AMISOM, like Western troops in Afghanistan, withdraw from Somalia.

Al-shabab were defeated the day the lost Kismayoo. Now they are mostly in HAG lands because of no real challenge. They are aimless and politically dead.

They only real support they can hope to have now is from West Gedo community who themselves are a small and poor tribe or from reer Lascanood.

World

VIP
Al-shabab were defeated the day the lost Kismayoo. Now they are mostly in HAG lands because of no real challenge. They are aimless and politically dead.

They only real support they can hope to have now is from West Gedo community who themselves are a small and poor tribe or from reer Lascanood.
You keep saying lasanod when al itihad, the first islamist group in Somalia was utterly rejected by Dhulbahante. Stop pinning your problems on our community.

“By most accounts, Al-Ittihad have recently been most active in the area between Qabri Dehaar, Denaan, Qalafo and Dhagax Buur. Some loose elements were reported to be active near Danood, Nusdariiq and 'Adow, having been recently dispersed by the EPRDF from their usual theatre of operations. In the Haud area, however, clan leaders (Isaaq and Dhulbahante) were unequivocal that Al-Ittihad would not be permitted to operate within their territory. The categorical rejection and contempt for Al-Ittihad articulated by the Isaaq and Dhulbahante we encountered would obviously inhibit Al-Ittihad recruitment among their members for the time being.“

Did the Taliban have more control financially and territorially in Afghanistan before the US withdrew than Al Shabab currently does in South-Central Somalia? If so, how can you say the Taliban won and Al Shabab failed? It’s not possible to judge that until AMISOM, like Western troops in Afghanistan, withdraw from Somalia.

A good percentage of Farmajoo's troops are Al-shabab. He encouraged Al-shabab to entrench themselves in Mogadishu to punish the local Hawiye tribe. This why their finances grew.

You keep saying lasanod when al itihad, the first islamist group in Somalia was utterly rejected by Dhulbahante. Stop pinning your problems on our community.

“By most accounts, Al-Ittihad have recently been most active in the area between Qabri Dehaar, Denaan, Qalafo and Dhagax Buur. Some loose elements were reported to be active near Danood, Nusdariiq and 'Adow, having been recently dispersed by the EPRDF from their usual theatre of operations. In the Haud area, however, clan leaders (Isaaq and Dhulbahante) were unequivocal that Al-Ittihad would not be permitted to operate within their territory. The categorical rejection and contempt for Al-Ittihad articulated by the Isaaq and Dhulbahante we encountered would obviously inhibit Al-Ittihad recruitment among their members for the time being.“

I say Lascanood because the local Somaliland admin reported a huge rise in killings and assisnations . This prompted the local Lascanood admin to kick out eelaays.

Basically Al-shabab attacks small tribes who are angry at big tribes. In Galkacyo most of Al-shabab were reer West Gedo, Lascanood and a lot of eelaays and Jareeers. All were killed and executed without mercy and that sort Galkacyo's problem with Al-shabab. One of the biggest Al-shabab we captured in Galkacyo, was from Lascanood and he lived in South Galkacyo.

World

VIP
I say Lascanood because the local Somaliland admin reported a huge rise in killings and assisnations . This prompted the local Lascanood admin to kick out eelaays.

Basically Al-shabab attacks small tribes who are angry at big tribes. In Galkacyo most of Al-shabab were reer West Gedo, Lascanood and a lot of eelaays and Jareeers. All were killed and executed without mercy and that sort Galkacyo's problem with Al-shabab. One of the biggest Al-shabab we captured in Galkacyo, was from Lascanood and he lived in South Galkacyo.
What does lasanod kicking out eelays have to do with al shabab? Have you taken your medicine today?

Trending