Why South Africa is still so segregated

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Whites gave the car to Black man but held onto the paperwork.

The ANC run the country in name only, realistically the whites own everything and when they have Zimbabwe as an example of another White-minority run country that turned into multi-racial society, any redistribution or equity of resources will be seen as power-grabs.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

The ANC run the country in name only, realistically the whites own everything and when they have Zimbabwe as an example of another White-minority run country that turned into multi-racial society, any redistribution or equity of resources will be seen as power-grabs.

What do the native South Africans have to do in order to take the charge of their country 100%? This can’t go on forever it’s disgusting tbh

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
South Africa is better under whites, blacks are not fit for the job. They are lucky the white man has brought civilization to their zulu ways. It saved them from being a failed state like Somalia.

Apollo

VIP

South Africa is better under whites, blacks are not fit for the job. They are lucky the white man has brought civilization to their zulu ways. It saved them from being a failed state like Somalia.

I heard of some funky claim that White South Africans actually became richer on average post-apartheid as they lost a lot of government jobs and were forced into going more in the private sector and becoming more entrepreneurial.

So ironically, this may have been a natural experiment to see whether the left or right makes people richer and it looks like rightwing conditions placed on South African Whites (losing government jobs and apartheid whiteness benefits) made them better off. I am aware that there is this segment of White South Africans (the lowest class) that became much poorer, but I am speaking of the median here. Stats show their median income and wealth went up.

However, a big number of them emigrated, so it is not a true comparison pre and post.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

You know South Africa's neighbour Botswana is another Bantu majority country with the same resources that is amongst one of the fastest growing economies in Africa since the 1960's.

Stop listening to the right-wing talking points waryah.

:snoop:

Apollo

VIP
You know South Africa's neighbour Botswana is another Bantu majority country with the same resources that is amongst one of the fastest growing economies in Africa since the 1960's.

Stop listening to the right-wing talking points waryah.

:snoop:

Undiversified rock exporting economy though:

Tree_map_export_2009_Botswana.jpeg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Undiversified rock exporting economy though:

Tree_map_export_2009_Botswana.jpeg

One of the fastest growing per-capita income growth rates in the world and a high HDI index which has transformed them into an upper-middle income country. They also have a negligible foreign debt, have the highest credit rating in Africa and have two years of imports worth of foreign exchange reserves.

Plus longest-running democracy in Africa, having been a democratic nation since independence.

Regardless of the source of success, you have to admit that it's amazing management even though their AIDS epidemic is rather catastrophic to say the least.

Apollo

VIP
One of the fastest growing per-capita income growth rates in the world and a high HDI index which has transformed them into an upper-middle income country. They also have a negligible foreign debt, have the highest credit rating in Africa and have two years of imports worth of foreign exchange reserves.

Plus longest-running democracy in Africa, having been a democratic nation since independence.

Regardless of the source of success, you have to admit that it's amazing management even though their AIDS epidemic is rather catastrophic to say the least.

I am more impressed by economies like those of Turkey which are diversified and complex. Stuff like Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Botswana is basically like the Gulf Arab countries, i.e. geological lottery.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What do the native South Africans have to do in order to take the charge of their country 100%? This can’t go on forever it’s disgusting tbh

To be honest with you, their situation looks bleak.

If America could not sort out their problems over 50 years since segregation, poorer South Africa with a worse segregation system and a Black majority population in which the vast majority of whom were subjugated until 1994, have little to no hope.

It will take another few decades at least for South Africa to improve for the common man.

Didnt the benevolent westerners put sanctions on Zimbabwe when they to back their country from colonizers 🧐 then talk about human rights in your face and fu*k you over at the same time.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I am more impressed by economies like those of Turkey which are diversified and complex. Stuff like Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Botswana is basically like the Gulf Arab countries, i.e. geological lottery.

Bro, you have to admit that you are being a bit tough on Botswana. Your parents are most likely older than Botswana as a country as opposed to Turkey which has been a modern nation state for almost a century.

Furthermore, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea are the exact opposite of Botswana in that they won the geographical lottery and done nothing with it. Plus, they are essentially dictatorships.

Botswana is both a resource rich nation but also a healthy democracy that is attempting to diversify. This will take a generation but eventually, they could be extremely wealthy.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Didnt the benevolent westerners put sanctions on Zimbabwe when they to back their country from colonizers 🧐 then talk about human rights in your face and fu*k you over at the same time.

The West generally let Mugabe be until 2000ish when he got old, senile and violent. After seeing Mandela turning out to be peaceful, they realised Mugabe waa nin waalan and cut him off.

Then he went ape-shit and destroyed Zimbabwe.

Apollo

VIP
Bro, you have to admit that you are being a bit tough on Botswana. Your parents are most likely older than Botswana as a country as opposed to Turkey which has been a modern nation state for almost a century.

Furthermore, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea are the exact opposite of Botswana in that they won the geographical lottery and done nothing with it. Plus, they are essentially dictatorships.

Botswana is both a resource rich nation but also a healthy democracy that is attempting to diversify. This will take a generation but eventually, they could be extremely wealthy.

It's a landlocked country. It shouldn't even be that much better off than its neighbors if it weren't for those diamonds (and I'll admit their policies), lol. I think they are just lucky. Coastal nations, if managed properly generally should be wealthier. Angola and Mozambique have more potential if they get their act together than Botswana.

The West generally let Mugabe be until 2000ish when he got old, senile and violent. After seeing Mandela turning out to be peaceful, they realised Mugabe waa nin waalan and cut him off.

Then he went ape-shit and destroyed Zimbabwe.
But the colonizers owned the most fertile farm lands, should he have let them have it? Would they let black own the most farm lands in Britain?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's a landlocked country. It shouldn't even be that much better off than its neighbors if it weren't for those diamonds (and I'll admit their policies), lol. I think they are just lucky. Coastal nations, if managed properly generally should be wealthier. Angola and Mozambique have more potential if they get their act together than Botswana.

I'll agree with you that coastal countries should be richer. But in Africa, it does not matter because nearly everyone has sh*t governance.

I think Botswana is a good example of good governance and stable economy. The presence of diamonds balances out their landlocked status, imo.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
But the colonizers owned the most fertile farm lands, should he have let them have it? Would they let black own the most farm lands in Britain?

I agree with your sentiment but what Mugabe did set up Zimbabwe for failure sxb.

At the end of the day, South Africa and Zimbabwe's black governments were given a poisoned chalice. The ANC try to improve the life of the people while playing by the rule book set by the Western powers but Zimbabwe threw out the book and still horribly mismanaged their redistribution policies.

reer

VIP
I agree with your sentiment but what Mugabe did set up Zimbabwe for failure sxb.

At the end of the day, South Africa and Zimbabwe's black governments were given a poisoned chalice. The ANC try to improve the life of the people while playing by the rule book set by the Western powers but Zimbabwe threw out the book and still horribly mismanaged their redistribution policies.
they didnt have idi amin. call idi amin what you want but he saw the problem and skipped all the red tape and simply told the indians to kindly fock off. :obamaswag:

Last edited:

Trending