Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I was thinking about this earlier and I came up with this

-Biggest reason the first dubbed films in Somali were hindi films

- its family friendly no sex scenes or nudity and barely any kissing

- we share Similar clothing styles

- theyre movies arent that bad its wellmade

- alotta romance like over the top

Somalis don't enjoy good things. Somalis just love to make themselves suffer from my observations, which is probably a reason why we watch that stuff

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Somalis don't enjoy good things. Somalis just love to make themselves suffer from my observations, which is probably a reasonable n why we watch that stuff
:westbrookwtf:really nigga? It's cause hindi movies, especially nowadays, are more consistent with Somali cultural values. Hollywood today has become increasingly sexualized and degenerate. Hollywood movies from the past were incredibly popular in Somalia. The ones made nowadays, not so much.

:westbrookwtf:really nigga? It's cause hindi movies, especially nowadays, are more consistent with Somali cultural values. Hollywood today has become increasingly sexualized and degenerate. Hollywood movies from the past were incredibly popular in Somalia. The ones made nowadays, not so much.
Hollywoods degeneracy is a good reason why this happens but that implies that by Bollywood doesn't have any degeneracy to it.

VixR

Veritas
Shaqolaan. 4 goddamed hours for one movie. Jezus, just shoot me dead if I sit idle watching some bullshit for that fucking long. Waste. Waaaste..

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Hollywoods degeneracy is a good reason why this happens but that implies that by Bollywood doesn't have any degeneracy to it.
They have waaaaay less. The most degenerate Bollywood movie would probably get G rating in Western theaters. What's the worst that happens in Bollywood? They show a some belly? The dance moves are a bit saucy? No comparison.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
They still watch hollywood movies though. If you are a diaspora and are wearing hektik threads in Somalia they will shout out some phrase in English they heard from a movie.

The best I heard was a dude saying "I'm fucking Irish". Had me in stitches wallahi z3zrULCz3zrULCz3zrULC

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
They still watch hollywood movies though. If you are a diaspora and are wearing hektik threads in Somalia they will shout out some phrase in English they heard from a movie.

The best I heard was a dude saying "I'm fucking Irish". Had me in stitches wallahi z3zrULCz3zrULCz3zrULC
They still watch them of course. But there's no question the Bollywood is a lot more popular.

Nah they off that where I live.... Korean dramas is the new wave... EVERY Somali girl watches that ish now... I have yet to join the bandwagon yet tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.