Why Somalis are Africa’s best business entrepreneurs

Interesting video I found on youtube
made by a fellow African on why he thinks we are so successful business wise across the continent I’ve heard of Somali businessmen expanding as far as deep into central and southern Africa in recent years what do you guys think ?

Last edited:
He's right on most things, Trust and Xagbad, but he's missing one key ingredient, Somali resilience.

Somalis are very resilient, they willgo to the deepest part of Congo to start a business or trade.

He's right on most things, Trust and Xagbad, but he's missing one key ingredient, Somali resilience.

Somalis are very resilient, they willgo to the deepest part of Congo to start a business or trade.
Yeah I’ve heard of Somalis doing trucking in Congo and opening gas stations and super markets/small shops

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC

Interesting video I found on youtube
made by a fellow African on why he thinks we are so successful business wise across the continent I’ve heard of Somali businessmen expanding as far as deep into central and southern Africa in recent years what do you guys think ?
Somalis are collectivist by nature, a collectivist ethnicity would generally prioritise the health and status of the community over their own, a lot of Africans now days are too individualistic and don’t care too much about their tribe/ethnicity.

East Asian countries are some of the most collectivist cultures in the world, because of this they perform well academically and are generally very rich countries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230524-180048_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230524-180048_Twitter.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 30

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Somalis are not the best entrepreneurs in Africa, North Africans are better and most of East Africa are also better than Somalis because their country is stable. Not pit of war

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Somalis are not the best entrepreneurs in Africa, North Africans are better and most of East Africa are also better than Somalis because their country is stable. Not pit of war

North Africans and other East Africans? Let’s be serious now. No shade to them but they aren’t known for this. They both lack the guts and cunning attitude Somalis have. I believe there’s actually historic precedent for why we’re independent leaders and traders.

The state of our country has no bearing on our how people perform in entrepreneurship btw. If anything, it makes them take more risks.

How many other Africans do you see traveling to obscure or outright dangerous regions in Africa to take advantage of their industries? The only other cunning Africans I can name are Nigerians.

North Africans and other East Africans? Let’s be serious now. No shade to them but they aren’t known for this. They both lack the guts and cunning attitude Somalis have. I believe there’s actually historic precedent for why we’re independent leaders and traders.

The state of our country has no bearing on our how people perform in entrepreneurship btw. If anything, it makes them take more risks.

How many other Africans do you see traveling to obscure or outright dangerous regions in Africa to take advantage of their industries? The only other cunning Africans I can name are Nigerians.
North Africans rarely venture out across the continent other East Africans not to the same level as Somalis as we’re involved in a lot of sectors including transportation oil manufacturing etc

Last edited:

Trending