Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Somalia

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Why is Somalia called Somalia it’s a colonial name (Somalia Italiana). It only refers to the South. What happened to the Somali Republic or Somali Democratic Republic.:siilaanyolaugh:They want Italia to come back.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I don't know what caused this shift too. The war really caused a brain drain in the minds of those Mogadishian rats Somalian s. I just get sick at the thought of the amount of things that are wrong with the country.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Adding Democratic or Republic to your countries name just make you seem like a backwards society.

Apollo

VIP
Of course it is Latin/Italian, but it is a remnant of the past.

Lots of countries are named with the suffix -ia. I don't see what the big deal is.

saudi arabia mauritania micronesia lithuania macedonia indonesia australia ethiopia bulgaria slovenia tanzania malaysia mongolia colombia slovakia st lucia cambodia nigeria algeria austria tunisia namibia croatia bolivia somalia liberia estonia albania romania georgia armenia serbia gambia zambia latvia syria india

-land is a bit more awkward for a non-Germanic/non-European country:

england new zealand netherlands holland switzerland scotland swaziland thailand iceland ireland finland poland

CaliTedesse

VIP
Lots of countries are named with the suffix -ia. I don't see what the big deal is.

-land is a bit more awkward for a non-Germanic country.
It isn't a big deal, but going from Somalia Italiana + British Somaliland to Somali Republic and then to Somali Democratic Republic back to Somalia doesn't feel right.

I would call the country the Federal Somali Republic.

Apollo

VIP
It isn't a big deal, but going from Somalia Italiana + British Somaliland to Somali Republic and then to Somali Democratic Republic back to Somalia doesn't feel right.

-ia is an international norm.

-land is an awkward Germanic norm.

And Republic sounds like a Banana Republic name.

We must return to the old name.

Jamhuuriyaada Soomaaliyeed.

The Somali Republic.

The names we have now,

Somalia = Italian

Somaliland= English

Puntland= We wuz kangz

Apollo

VIP
Let's call the country Soomaal and people Soomaali
We must return to the old name.

Jamhuuriyaada Soomaaliyeed.

The Somali Republic.

The names we have now,

Somalia = Italian

Somaliland= English

Puntland= We wuz kangz

The Czech Republic changed its name recently from that to Czechia because it sounds better and will attract more foreign investment (theorized).

"Republic" has negative connotations with dictatorships and Banana Republics.

CaliTedesse

VIP
The Czech Republic changed its name recently from that to Czechia because it sounds better and will attract more foreign investment (theorized).

Well scooping through internet shows me that since the 90's the name Czechia is still not fully implemented????

The name Somalia is already cursed though.

People associate it with lawlessness/failed state and piracy.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The Somali Republic.

Sounds like a Somali fashion store

2wee2ci.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.