Why Somali music sounds like Reggae?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Noticed Cadaan, black, Asians as well keep asking us Somali music sounds like reggae music. (Songs like Nagma). Always thought our people copied Jamaican music but apparently it is the other way round.:ohhh:

It was reggae that actually copied from Horn African music. The Ras Tafaris with their Ethiopian obsession completely jacked our style with no shout outs. Bob Marley is the main culprit smh :ufdup:

No wonder Reggae sounds so good though :wow:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I've never even understood why Rastafarians literally worship Haile Selassie and call Ethiopia the "motherland".
It's baffling.
I wonder if this love extends to related peoples from the Horn of Africa :cosbyhmm:

maestro

Cultural revolution
I've never even understood why Rastafarians literally worship Haile Selassie and call Ethiopia the "motherland".
It's baffling.
I wonder if this love extends to related peoples from the Horn of Africa :cosbyhmm:

They consider Somalia and most of Eastern Africa as part of the homeland > Ethiopia. Ras Tafari are mad weird but I respect their belief simply because of their Music

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They consider Somalia and most of Eastern Africa as part of the homeland > Ethiopia. Ras Tafari are mad weird but I respect their belief simply because of their Music
But Somalia =/= Ethiopia :snoop:
You know what, I'm not going to question it :notsureif:
In my opinion they're as weird as those "Black Israelites" that claim to be the real jews, both are claiming places that have literally nothing to do with them, except these guys worship a man that, if he were alive today, would hold nothing but contempt for them
But their music is good so they will be spared :sass2:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
No they don't consider Somalia as their home land, who on earth told you that?

Nor does Somali music sound like Reggae.

Why are you trying to force a connection? Are you insecure?

maestro

Cultural revolution
But Somalia =/= Ethiopia :snoop:
You know what, I'm not going to question it :notsureif:
In my opinion they're as weird as those "Black Israelites" that claim to be the real jews, both are claiming places that have literally nothing to do with them, except these guys worship a man that, if he were alive today, would hold nothing but contempt for them
But their music is good so they will be spared :sass2:

Yeah their beliefs are strange and believe in the whole Zion iyo balaayo but Bob Marley... :manny:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
No they don't consider Somalia as their home land, who on earth told you that?

Nor does Somali music sound like Reggae.

Why are you trying to force a connection? Are you insecure?
A lot of Somali music has a similar 'rhythm' to Reggae, it's like this offbeat rhythm that plays in the background that is also a major part of Reggae
This makes people think that Somali music and Reggae sound similar

They're either geographically illiterate if they think all the people in HOA are Abysinnian/Ethiopian or agree with Haile Selassie's dream of conquering the HOA.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
They're either geographically illiterate if they think all the people in HOA are Abysinnian/Ethiopian or agree with Haile Selassie's dream of conquering the HOA.
It's definitely the first one, the Horn of Africa is not a region of the world that people know a whole lot about in terms of demographics, and if they knew about Haile Selassie's dream of conquering the HOA, then they'd know about some of his more unsavoury beliefs and would probably not worship the man in the first place

How can somali have influenced reggae when somali music pre 90s didn't sound like this? somali music used to be a lot more calm and soothing. But someone had to introduce them to the electric piano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending