Why No Inventor From Mensa Society?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
These people in Mensa are noted to have highest IQ in the world and not a single one has invented anything. Here is a list of Famous Mensa Members and what they are doing and not a single one has contributed one advance to society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans

Being High IQ doesn't mean your an inventor is what I am assuming. So why do they always say inventors have high IQ yet not 1 documented high IQ person in Mensa is noted with a single invention?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wallahi you would think the Mensa Society members would be jam-packed with breaking inventions in science, medicine, technology and that simply isn't the case at all. So I am questioning if IQ even has a role to play in becoming an inventor.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
These people in Mensa are noted to have highest IQ in the world and not a single one has invented anything. Here is a list of Famous Mensa Members and what they are doing and not a single one has contributed one advance to society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans

Being High IQ doesn't mean your an inventor is what I am assuming. So why do they always say inventors have high IQ yet not 1 documented high IQ person in Mensa is noted with a single invention?
Abit off topic but how do you view Bani Israil?
They were not great inventers and their language became dead. However, they wrote and kept their history and traditions and had their own writing script.

What rating would you give them?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Abit off topic but how do you view Bani Israil?
They were not great inventers and their language became dead. However, they wrote and kept their history and traditions and had their own writing script.

What rating would you give them?

Bani Israel invented nothing I agree but their descendants 'jews' own a large share of the nobel prizes

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
High IQ is just a prerequisite....

Most inventors have high IQ and are part of the elite of their society. Being member of Mensa, doesn't mean a lot, if they aren't engaged with the science community. Nowadays, it's impossible to be an inventor without the expensive equipment that are only privy to scientists.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
High IQ is just a prerequisite....

Most inventors have high IQ and are part of the elite of their society. Being member of Mensa, doesn't mean a lot, if they aren't engaged with the science community. Nowadays, it's impossible to be an inventor without the expensive equipment that are only privy to scientists.

There are some Mensa members in science field like Paul Bechly – American chemical engineer but there is not a single thing he has added to the field of chemistry. IQ is how well you ''learn' because it's even 'speed tested' but we know many inventors 'failed' in their invention and took lots of 'time' and 'years' to come up with their invention, so I would assume they wouldn't do so well under speed tested IQ tests also.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@simulacrum we need to discuuss this if IQ has a role to play with invention. Mensa is proof the amount of Inventors are around 4 people only out of 100? this is quite a low statistic for the brightest people in the world. The other thing to factor in is East Asia which is reported to have the highest IQ but they are not exactly topping the charts with inventions either. It's well known East-Asians are good at 'studying' but not so good at 'inventing' something new.

Are you possibly mixing being good at studying or learning with creating and inventing? are you saying you need both? If that is the case, China, Japan, Korea(East Asian) countries should top the list and be making 90% of the inventions of the world not America or high school drop-outs lol. You can't use the povery argumnent either because 'south korea and japan' are very rich countries same with Singapore.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Lol self respecting high IQ ppl don't register as Mensa members just like how actual rich people dress down and drive shitty cars.

Also there are hundreds of thousands of people qualified to join Mensa but they barely have a couple thousand members with too much time on their hands.

VixR

Veritas
High IQ isn’t enough. There are a lot of variables, even chance, that go into hacking up an invention.

Tukraq

VIP
you don't even need mediocre IQ for inventing, I mean look at what Forrest Gump achieved
7c6e75e793a2685f61536aec7981025e.gif

IQ tests are for people with a chip on their shoulder. Inventors don't have a chip on their shoulder and are usually confident go-getters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts