Why it is a big mistake having daughters in the west

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
Unfortunately many have fallen victim to this rabid and destructive ideology. They have been weaponized against their own men.

As for everything else u said I agree.
Expand on the bold. In what ways do you feel feminism has 'weaponized Somali women against their own men', and how is it destructive?

I've never seen women more liable to put up with and ignore behaviors and still hold the ship up on as if on their backs like Somali women, without having anything to show for it.

Jugjug

Facts please, let's deal with the facts and leave emotive outbursts to ragga maskaxda ks jilcey. Google rape and Somali and if you and others here would like to breed male rapists, go ahead and science will help you with gender specific breeding. No ifs and buts, Somali girls outperform, are more diligent, smarter, more law abiding citizens, more honourable, more family oriented than Abdi doqons. That is a fact. Go and weep.

Okay emotions aside...Of course Somali women are more law abiding and do better in school. This is true of all racial groups. They are more law-abiding because they have lower testosterone, and are thus more risk-averse and more anxious in the face of danger. It's not because they are better people than men....just look at how quick a women is to use the proceeds of crime provided to her by her drug dealer or white-collar fraudster husband/boyfriend.

As for doing better in school, there are quite a few reasons for this also. Much of it has to do with the feminization of the education system which makes boys feel out of place. Another reason is because many guys can see that the return for investment on university is no longer what it used to be, so they opt out to do something else. Also, girls are more conscientious than boys, meaning they are more likely to follow rules, be organized, diligent and follow something through till the end. Men are more spontaneous, get bored more easily if they are not being challenged, and may rebel against rules and orders. These r the reasons they do better in school, and not because they're smarter. These reasons hold for men and women in general, not just Somali men and women. As for intelligence, the bull-curve for men is wider and more spread out, meaning they have many more dumb and slow people and also more intelligent and genius level people when compared to the more narrow bell-curve of women. That's why it's rare to see a truly stupid women and a truly genius level one.

As for them being more family oriented, you could be right about that one. I'd have to think about it more.

Expand on the bold. In what ways do you feel feminism has 'weaponized Somali women against their own men', and how is it destructive?

I've never seen women more liable to put up with and ignore behaviors and still hold the ship up on as if on their backs like Somali women, without having anything to show for it.

The women ur talking about are our parents generation. Those women are gems. I'm talking about some of the Somali girls in our generation. I'll expand later, gotta head out somewhere.

VixR

Veritas
The women ur talking about are our parents generation. Those women are gems. I'm talking about some of the Somali girls in our generation. I'll expand later, gotta head out somewhere.
I look forward to it.

Watching what pretty much the average Somali mother in the community went through is enough to make any woman a feminist, even those of us who have very close relationships with our fathers and mothers and grew up in a two parent household. I have two eyes and a brain, and there's a difference between my father and the average Somali man his age, and certainly those in my generation, and he's an outlier wallahi billahi. I don't see how you view having better expectations as "destructive", and yet somehow fail to see the destructiveness of the status quo even as you call them gems (bc they don't scratch, right?) Higher expectations for youself, and having some self worth is how you keep from ending up leading a burdened, sad life.

I look forward to it.

Watching what pretty much the average Somali mother in the community went through is enough to make any woman a feminist, even those of us who have very close relationships with our fathers and mothers and grew up in a two parent household. I have two eyes and a brain, and there's a difference between my father and the average Somali man his age, and certainly those in my generation, and he's an outlier wallahi billahi. I don't see how you view having better expectations as "destructive", and yet somehow fail to see the destructiveness of the status quo even as you call them gems (bc they don't scratch, right?) Higher expectations for youself, and having some self worth is how you keep from ending up leading a burdened, sad life.

To be fair sis it seems he was acknowledging issues on both sides but the focus of this thread was Somali women.

"I know Somali men aren't perfect. Neither are Somali women. If we're gonna sort out our problems we have to do it as a united team and not as adversaries."

VixR

Veritas
To be fair sis it seems he was acknowledging issues on both sides but the focus of this thread was Somali women.

"I know Somali men aren't perfect. Neither are Somali women. If we're gonna sort out our problems we have to do it as a united team and not as adversaries."
We're not deaf, blind and dumb, sis. This forum doesn't make a difference anyhow. The reality is stark. They stepped on the gems..

The Twitter posts accruing hundreds of likes from Somali girls aren't coming from a vacuum like you hope they are, but we are a community that loves to sweep things under a rug afterall.

We're not deaf, blind and dumb, sis. This forum doesn't make a difference anyhow. The reality is stark. They stepped on the gems..

The Twitter posts accruing hundreds of likes from Somali girls aren't coming from a vacuum like you hope they are, but we are a community that loves to sweep things under a rug afterall.

I did not suggest any of that.

And it's not hard to catch a hundred likes on Somali twitter when the tweet is Somali related, I just mean I haven't seen anything of the sort irl. I have around some non-Somalis though.

What good would come out of Somali women hating Somali men?

I look forward to it.

Ah yes the plain old argument "The men folk in my family are an exception "perpetuated by Somali girls trying to make a case.

I'm sorry but with an argument like that coupled with mass generalizations don't you think you are being dishonest with yourself ?

VixR

Veritas
I did not suggest any of that.

And it's not hard to catch a hundred likes on Somali twitter when the tweet is Somali related, I just mean I haven't seen anything of the sort irl. I have around some non-Somalis though.

What good would come out of Somali women hating Somali men?
Hundreds. Thousands.

Those tweets aren't popping out from thin air, and even if we may have been fortunate to escape that fate of the sad refugee family with the gem enduring mother as its backbone with nothing to show for it but toil and burden, it has produced its own ripple effect. Let's just be factual.

I'm not a manhater, and I don't condone man hate.

VixR

Veritas
Ah yes the plain old argument "The men folk in my family are an exception "perpetuated by Somali girls trying to make a case.

I'm sorry but with an argument like that coupled with mass generalizations don't you think you are being dishonest with yourself ?
My dad is an exception.

I'm sorry if that pains you, but it shouldn't, for if not I might have actually been recruited to the men are shit train.

Feminism and wanting a better condition is better for them than the man-hate you see in those tweets, but you want the 'gem' when we've already seen the fate of most these gems.

Hundreds. Thousands.

Those tweets aren't popping out from thin air, and even if we may have been fortunate to escape that fate of the sad refugee family with the gem enduring mother as its backbone with nothing to show for it but toil and burden, it has produced its own ripple effect. Let's just be factual.

I'm not a manhater, and I don't condone man hate.

Right, I don't believe they're popping out from thin air it's part of a wider culture now to bash men, whites, lol some miskeens are trying it with bashing heterosexuals. It's usually the same type doing all of this, I just don't think it's something coming from our upbringing and culture. That's not to say there weren't issues, there were/are many but that's to be expected of refugee families fleeing war and starting from nothing in a very unfamiliar place (not excusing it just is what it is).

Of course Somali hooyos are gems, nothing can compare. But aren't you ignoring the fact that these are Somali boys hooyos too? They faced the same trauma and struggle their sisters would. How can they be blamed for being neglected?

I just don't see anything good coming out of that kind of attitude. And saying we shouldn't hate/bash Somali men doesn't mean lower you standards and marry the first bum that comes your way. We can keep our standards and respect for our people.

My dad is an exception.

I'm sorry if that pains you, but it shouldn't, for if not I might have actually been recruited to the men are shit train.

Feminism and wanting a better condition is better for them than the man-hate you see in those tweets, but you want the 'gem' when we've already seen the fate of most these gems.

They can "hate" on Somali men all they want, doesn't really change their situation.

I just find the "Not the men in my family" statement used all the time to be quite amusing really.

Regardless, I am not buying your argument. Lets just agree to disagree...

How to raise a daughter in the west:
- Teach her about Islam from a young age.
- Encourage her to wear hijab when she reaches high school (it'll be compulsory anyway when she reaches puberty)
- Don't let her go to *any* house if you're not there. Doesn't matter if it's relatives. You never know what can happen to your daughter. Sexual abuse is usually done by someone close. Or she may be influenced by wayward kids at another house. Just don't let her.
- Instill cultural values and speak in Somali at home.
- Have honest conversations and encourage them to talk about what they encounter in their day to day lives at school. Establish trust.
- Love them and build up their self esteem.
And many more. You can raise a daughter in the west but I can see it's getting harder.

VixR

Veritas
They can "hate" on Somali men all they want, doesn't really change their situation.

I just find the "Not the men in my family" statement used all the time to be quite amusing really.

Regardless, I am not buying your argument. Lets just agree to disagree...
Bc you'd prefer I had the average Somali father. By the way, I didn't say, "Not the men in my family". My brothers turned out pretty well, but they were primed to. I have plenty other male family members who definitely fit the mold.
Right, I don't believe they're popping out from thin air it's part of a wider culture now to bash men, whites, lol some miskeens are trying it with bashing heterosexuals. It's usually the same type doing all of this, I just don't think it's something coming from our upbringing and culture. That's not to say there weren't issues, there were/are many but that's to be expected of refugee families fleeing war and starting from nothing in a very unfamiliar place (not excusing it just is what it is).

Of course Somali hooyos are gems, nothing can compare. But aren't you ignoring the fact that these are Somali boys hooyos too? They faced the same trauma and struggle their sisters would. How can they be blamed for being neglected?

I just don't see anything good coming out of that kind of attitude. And saying we shouldn't hate/bash Somali men doesn't mean lower you standards and marry the first bum that comes your way. We can keep our standards and respect for our people.
You're dismissive, but I suppose you're welcome to your own narrative.

Btw, I agree with you. Like I said, I don't condone the attitude, but it's there, and its there for a reason, so lets be honest about it, not this fake, politically correct, Somali culture in general elevates women bs.

That is it, I'm joining twitter and my nick will be SomaliMaleFeminist.

Jugjug

You seem to be listening now and expressed few rational points but the practice of bash Halimas on every social media platform is nauseating, overplayed, savagery and painful to our women. Do they need foreign enemies when we bully, insult, caricature and be-little them all the time. Maybe some prepubescent girls read these stuff written about Somali woman and the conclusion snd what will they think of themselves and Somali men? With attitudes like these is manifested why they are forced or pressured to wear hijab. 'Be a good girl and all good girls wear hijab', how dumb is that? These girls are rebelling the hypocrisy of Somali men and one day, I hope they become our leaders back home and rule on platforms like secularism. Sooner or later, it will happen.

Bc you'd prefer I had the average Somali father. By the way, I didn't say, "Not the men in my family". My brothers turned out pretty well, but they were primed to. I have plenty other male family members who definitely fit the mold.
You're dismissive, but I suppose you're welcome to your own narrative.

Btw, I agree with you. Like I said, I don't condone the attitude, but it's there, and its there for a reason, so lets be honest about it, not this fake, politically correct, Somali culture in general elevates women bs.

I'm not trying to be dismissive we all can only speak from our own experiences, I may be wrong, but like I said I guess we'll see in these upcoming years.

VixR

Veritas
I'm not trying to be dismissive we all can only speak from our own experiences, I may be wrong, but like I said I guess we'll see in these upcoming years.
Idk where u live, but I believe there are worse things. At least our boys haven't gotten it into their minds to kill each other on the streets, but smaller communities don't seem to be insulation against other kinds of dysfunction, and I know its not specific to here

I'm not calling the girls in the photo traumatized.
Very interesting thread.

The natejah: the girls in the picture are traumatized and had bad childhoods, and need our help :icon lol:

I suppose it's slightly better than calling them hoes and calling out for anti-daughter sentiments.

Wallahi Somalispot is the Twilight zone.

Well said, sis.

Idk where u live, but I believe there are worse things. At least our boys haven't gotten it into their minds to kill each other on the streets, but smaller communities don't seem to be insulation against other kinds of dysfunction, and I know its not specific to here

I'm not sure I understood what you meant there but I will say taking part in this convo and others on this forum doesn't mean i believe the issue being discussed is the most important issue or important at all. Like everyone else im just adding my two cents where I may have an opinion or a question to ask is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts