Why is Wahhabism or wahabis hated

Royalflush

novacane
Can anyone explain. I know sheikh Mohamed bin Abdul wahhab tried to stop the spread of paganism and grave worshipping of sheikhs. Other than that Wikipedia says it’s a sect of Islam that calls non wahhabis gaalo

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Insecure people who don’t even know the meaning of Wahhabi and try to use it as a slur of some sort. It’s getting boring.
giphy.gif

Hassan mahat

I karbash wahabist salafis daily.
It is cancerous, it encourages terrorism and violates basic human rights such as freedom of expression and women rights.

Princefan

80s fan
Because wahabbis call everyone who disagrees with them a kaafir. They don't follow Islam. They blow themselves up and slander women.

Hassan mahat

we don't need dat around here we are better off without these western diseases.
How is freedom of expression western? How is respecting women rights like driving and travelling without a male guardian a western value? This are common basic rights, that every human deserves.

Can anyone explain. I know sheikh Mohamed bin Abdul wahhab tried to stop the spread of paganism and grave worshipping of sheikhs. Other than that Wikipedia says it’s a sect of Islam that calls non wahhabis gaalo
Nobody calls themselves Wahhabi sxb, it was made up to offend people who follow the Quran and sunnah . Its a go to insult used by Shias ,sufis, and cultural muslims in general

Just look at the history of The Wahhabi movement of Najd. Bunch of extremists who made mass takfir and slaughtered many Muslims. ISIS is exactly like the First Saudi State.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
How is freedom of expression western? How is respecting women rights like driving and travelling without a male guardian a western value? This are common basic rights, that every human deserves.
They are western because the west made it up. Feminism and the enlightenment all started in the western world. Women need a male guardian during travel to keep them safe from other men. in all honesty women not driving has nothing to do with religion and I could care less. Men and women are not the same. Men have more Testosterone and better suited to work long and hard. Women have more caring and nurturing instincts to care for kids. "freedoms" like these are whats causing the STD epidemic, depression and suicide rates, divorces and broken families. The people that push these ideas are not doing it out of kindness they are doing it to destroy sensible human society.

We have freedom of expression under certain connotation, just like the west has. There is no such thing as freedom of expression in itd truest form, there will always be exceptions. Just like it is illegal to be a holoca denier, where's the freedom of expressio? There is always limits. Also there are varies opinions to women walking alone, plenty say its fine and plenty say perhaps three days, there isn't a single general consensus.

Just look at the history of The Wahhabi movement of Najd. Bunch of extremists who made mass takfir and slaughtered many Muslims. ISIS is exactly like the First Saudi State.
Lol Yasir Qadhi is your source? The same man who had doubts about the preservation of the Quran and said Yajuj and majuj are metaphors and not real tribes.

Lol Yasir Qadhi is your source? The same man who had doubts about the preservation of the Quran and said Yajuj and majuj are metaphors and not real tribes.
I don't agree with Yasir Qadhi on everything lol but he is right about how the salafi movement was watered down over time and the mass takfir and bloodshed occurring. And look at the actions of the 1st Saudi State that expanded to Mecca and Medina before being defeated by the Ottomans. Absolute savages wallahi

Last edited:

Hassan mahat

We have freedom of expression under certain connotation, just like the west has. There is no such thing as freedom of expression in itd truest form, there will always be exceptions. Just like it is illegal to be a holoca denier, where's the freedom of expressio? There is always limits. Also there are varies opinions to women walking alone, plenty say its fine and plenty say perhaps three days, there isn't a single general consensus.
La hawla, we are arguing about letting women walk alone? The bar is so low for women rights. I thank god everyday, I was not born as a Muslim woman in sharia ruled state.

La hawla, we are arguing about letting women walk alone? The bar is so low for women rights. I thank god everyday, I was not born as a Muslim woman in sharia ruled state.
Pointing out one side of my argument and dismissing the rest, even when pointing out there is no actual refutation.

heres a general consensus

"It is permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram1 provided the way, destination and return journey are safe and provided she does not meet with any harassment jeopardizing both her safety and religion. It has been narrated through 'Adiy Ibn Hatem (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet told him, "And if you live a long life, you will surely see women traveling from Hira till they circumambulate the Ka'ba, fearing no one except Allah" [Bukhari and others]. Imam Ahmed's report of the hadith includes: "By He in whose hands is my soul, verily Allah will bring this matter [Islam] into completion till women travel from Hira and circumambulate the Ka'ba without being accompanied by anyone."

From this hadith with its different chains of narration, some scholars have derived the permissibility of a woman traveling alone if her safety is guaranteed. Moreover, they have used this hadith to restrict other prohibiting hadiths which, according to them, referred to the lack of security associated with travel in the distant past."

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
depends on how one defines it
ur either referring to people whom u regard as extremist terrorist ex saudi gov and such or ibnu wahabs teachings.

Hassan mahat

Pointing out one side of my argument and dismissing the rest, even when pointing out there is no actual refutation.

heres a general consensus

"It is permissible for a woman to travel without a mahram1 provided the way, destination and return journey are safe and provided she does not meet with any harassment jeopardizing both her safety and religion. It has been narrated through 'Adiy Ibn Hatem (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet told him, "And if you live a long life, you will surely see women traveling from Hira till they circumambulate the Ka'ba, fearing no one except Allah" [Bukhari and others]. Imam Ahmed's report of the hadith includes: "By He in whose hands is my soul, verily Allah will bring this matter [Islam] into completion till women travel from Hira and circumambulate the Ka'ba without being accompanied by anyone."

From this hadith with its different chains of narration, some scholars have derived the permissibility of a woman traveling alone if her safety is guaranteed. Moreover, they have used this hadith to restrict other prohibiting hadiths which, according to them, referred to the lack of security associated with travel in the distant past."
The male guardianship does not only impact travelling tho. a Woman Will need a male permission to open a bank account, go to education institute and even drive in a wahhabist state.

The male guardianship does not only impact travelling tho. a Woman Will need a male permission to open a bank account, go to education institute and even drive in a wahhabist state.
not sure why you're pulling shit from your ass :bell: A practicing muslim is not a wahhabi, and a wahhabi isn't a true muslim. The husband has a financial obligilation to his wife and his children, a woman has no financial obligation to her husband however...

Hassan mahat

not sure why you're pulling shit from your ass :bell: A practicing muslim is not a wahhabi, and a wahhabi isn't a true muslim. The husband has a financial obligilation to his wife and his children, a woman has no financial obligation to her husband however...
Dude I was talking about a wahhabi state not What a practicing Muslim will do. The thread is about why Wahhabism is hated.

Trending