Why is the word for 💩 the same in amharic and Somali

prove that the Somali word ( xaar ) is a loan word from Ethio-Semitic .
Let's not forget that Somali and Semitic belong to the same language family.

The word ( xaar ) in the Somali language has an etymological explanation.
but the word ( xaar ) in Ethiosemitic or in Semitic languages in general has no etymological explanation .

I am afraid you will say that the Somali word ( af ), the Somali word ( biyo ) and the Somali word ( aabe ) are loan words from the Ethiopian Semitic language , because they exist in those languages.
Refer to Post #11, I don't give a xaar either way lol

The word ( xaar حار ) in the Somali language has an etymological explanation :
saar f.g1 (-ray, -rtay)
1. Wax meel dhulka ka sarreysa dhigid.
2. Ka saar .: wax meel ka bixin.
3. Ku saar .: meel col u dirid.
saar means : to extract something .
letter ( x ح ) and letter ( s س ) are interchangeable in languages .
saar → xaar
wuu saaray → wuu xaaray
ساري ← حاري

What is the etymological explanation of the word (xaar) in the Semitic languages?

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
is there an evidence that X was in Hebrew and then it dropped?
prove that the Somali word ( xaar ) is a loan word from Ethio-Semitic .
Let's not forget that Somali and Semitic belong to the same language family.

The word ( xaar ) in the Somali language has an etymological explanation.
but the word ( xaar ) in Ethiosemitic or in Semitic languages in general has no etymological explanation .

I am afraid you will say that the Somali word ( af ), the Somali word ( biyo ) and the Somali word ( aabe ) are loan words from the Ethiopian Semitic language , because they exist in those languages.
Saying that a word has no etymological explanation in one of the most documented and studied language family is crazy :ftw9nwa:

Saying that a word has no etymological explanation in one of the most documented and studied language family is crazy :ftw9nwa:
Instead of laughing like an idiot ,
Give us the etymological explanation, you raw meat-eating Ethiopian .

hqdefault.jpg

Funny story 😭💀 but i said in this person smells like shit in somali in because they smelled sooo bad and i knew they wouldnt understand cuz they look habesha and ae looked back at me after i said that and said did you call me 💩 or something and then he told me he understood bcz they also have the same word in amharic and i was so embarrassed and ran away basically 😭

So my question is why do we have the same word for 💩?? I thought our language was cushitic and theirs was semetic

Doro also is chicken in amharic and I think I've heard somalis use the word doro? not sure if it means chicken in somali too, though. amharic also uses the word 'merek' or 'mareq' for soup, as somali does... there may be other words who knows...

Trending