Why is the population of Harari people so low?

How is it their population is estimated at only around 250k?

They have their own language, script and long recorded history. I don't understand how their population is this low in 2021.

did something happen in history that kept them in low numbers? I’m genuinely curious here as it’s very strange to me.

Haile selassie,Menelik,Mengistu,Amhara,Oromo and many occupiers committed a genocide against the harari people and other times assimilated them. Somalis have always resisted such attack against these barbarians. May Allah allow the Somali/Ogaden region to be liberated and the enemies to be humiliated.

Haile selassie,Menelik,Mengistu,Amhara,Oromo and many occupiers committed a genocide against the harari people and other times assimilated them. Somalis have always resisted such attack against these barbarians. May Allah allow the Somali/Ogaden region to be liberated and the enemies to be humiliated.
All those leaders were from the late 19th century and on, I would have imagined their population to still be much bigger. I do not believe assimilation could have reduced their population that drastically in a mere 100 years.

Also I totally despise the word “genocide”, it has absolutely no meaning in 2021.

Ever since ww2, in EVERY conflict where two opposing ethnic groups war, the losers scream & yell “genocide”.

I do not think there was a systematic attempt by the habash to exterminate the Harari people in totality so let’s leave that word out of this discussion please.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Also I totally despise the word “genocide”, it has absolutely no meaning in 2021.

Ever since ww2, in EVERY conflict where two opposing ethnic groups war, the losers scream & yell “genocide”

That’s because the definition is subjective depending on the incident.

The difference between mass murder and genocide in conflict is intent.

If the perpetrators were intending on wiping out the ethnic/religious/racial group they were targeting then its genocide. If not then it’s mass murder.

AEC0B872-D266-49DC-9271-6818FE41C8ED.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts