Why is the bar set so low for Somali men?

Chillin

Farxiyo fiska’s body guard
Cadaans make YouTube content like this but are still putting their children in universities.

Middle class Cadaans and Asians make up the majority of college campuses nation wide.
Also add in the fact that most Somalis in America qualify for FAFSA which would make their first two years free and the last two years barely any money if they’re pursuing something in stem or the arts(medical and graduate degrees is a different ball game).

If this doesn't apply to you, then don't be a fàggot and start having a meltdown, I'm speaking in general terms

If you're:
  • Gainfully employed (white-collar)
  • Fuent in aff Somali and banter with the Eedos
  • Dress well, keep up your grooming & hit the gym
  • Look after your parents and grandparents, take them to appointments, take them out to meals etc & generally treat them well
  • Graduated from a decent Uni with good grade
  • Take your deen somewhat seriously and attend the occassional Friday prayer

If you hit even 3 of the afformentioned 6 bullet-points, then you're basically seen as Saint. Irrespective of whatever dirt you might do on the side. But isn't this just the standard that you'd expect from most men? Why is it seen as such a momumental success in the Somali community not to be a f*ck-up failure loser?

It's crazy wallahi, random eedos will sing your praises and all the adeers try and cozy up to you in some weird attempt to try and set you up with their daughter. They're so quick to overlook all your other glaring flaws. "Waa Wiil fiican", If only you knew Abti:heh:

I reiterate; why is the bar set so low for Somali men? There's nothing praise-worthy about doing the bare minimum.
Sister you’re obviously looking in the wrong places, there’s a lot of us that surpass your standards !

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I did not mean gaal, ajnabi but Muslim, a gaal is unfathomable, I think you understand my point, there is little need to debate semantics. Also to generalise successful ajnabis as being more endogamous is a bit misleading itself. There are some who marry out. However let us not stray from the topic at hand, we are discussing this from a somali perspective. Far be it from me to be all clued up about how other races and groups view endogamy.
I think we can agree on the central point that people like what's familiar. I did not say that other Muslim communities were completely endogamous. Still, I would be lying if I didn't say that the most successful ones are (1) irreligious but raised Muslim or (2) more inclined to marry within as it's sort of a default option when they are hyper-successful. Just like our community, they may have aunties willing to hook them up if they are doctors, lawyers, etc. Whether they are up for that is up to them. I know plenty of groups that have tertiary degrees. Muslim and Non-Muslim, and I can assure you of this.

I don’t mind maybe in a couple years. do the Somalis there have generational wealth cause im
Not on the 50/50 thing.
lol yea majority of them do work for the government & have Qatari citizenships which is pretty hard to get. They don’t do 50/50 💀.. but they’re pretty religious from what I hear

lol yea majority of them do work for the government & have Qatari citizenships which is pretty hard to get. They don’t do 50/50 💀.. but they’re pretty religious from what I hear
Corruption money may have persuaded me. I heard they ana carab, I really don’t f with that. Plus they can’t travel to western countries because of the blockade. So they can compromise some things. I’ve seen somali girls in those countries though stay single after years. Don’t think it’s worth it.

attash

Amaan Duule
Go ahead and watch these video down below if you really think that I “downplay” uni a lot :sass2:
Jake Tran and Jordan Peterson are frauds, don't listen to them.

Whether or not college is a scam depends on what you are studying. If you are studying useless degrees like biology or psychology, then it is definitely a scam. But if you are studying degrees like engineering, compsci, or nursing then it is a really good investment. Your only other alternatives are trades (which are shit, let's be honest) and entrepreneurship (which has a low probability of success).

You are still young, don't listen to people who say that education doesn't matter cuz you will really regret it when you are older.

Whether or not college is a scam depends on what you are studying. If you are studying useless degrees like biology or psychology, then it is definitely a scam. But if you are studying degrees like engineering, compsci, or nursing then it is a really good investment. Your only other alternatives are trades (which are shit, let's be honest) and entrepreneurship (which has a low probability of success).

You are still young, don't listen to people who say that education doesn't matter cuz you will really regret it when you are older.
Anybody who tells you don't go to college is retarded. The idea that you can become rich or very successful without a degree is highly unlikley. I read a couple of statistics that showed 90% of the 1% have a college degree. That was 10 years ago it's probably higher today. Unless you become one of the small business owners who become very successful, then your best chance is with a degree.

Anybody who tells you don't go to college is retarded. The idea that you can become rich or very successful without a degree is highly unlikley. I read a couple of statistics that showed 90% of the 1% have a college degree. That was 10 years ago it's probably higher today. Unless you become one of the small business owners who become very successful, then your best chance is with a degree.
I beg to differ. If you learn a trade and start a small business such as plumbing, dry-wall, construction, electrician you can def become rich without a bachelors degree let alone a post grad degree in America . I don’t know about Europe. Most of your run of the mill millionaires are actually those types. I had non-Somali friends whose families got rich off that shit. Unfortunately we Somalis don’t like to work with our hands. I wish I had actually known that when I was younger but oh well.

They may be considered scams in terms of price. The price of school has doubled in the last 10-15 years but real wages have stayed the same. Makes no sense.

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK 🇸🇱🇸🇱🇸🇱

Lol I already commented that imma be starting to make lacag online plus if some of the most successful people on this planet managed to make it so can I and irdgaf about what anyone says about it I just need to change my mindset around it n put in that all that work :mjdontkno:

NomadicWarlord

Still aint going to uni even if you put a strap to my head I still wont go

NomadicWarlord

I beg to differ. If you learn a trade and start a small business such as plumbing, dry-wall, construction, electrician you can def become rich without a bachelors degree let alone a post grad degree in America . I don’t know about Europe. Most of your run of the mill millionaires are actually those types. I had non-Somali friends whose families got rich off that shit. Unfortunately we Somalis don’t like to work with our hands. I wish I had actually known that when I was younger but oh well.
Talk to em broski 🗣️💯:salute:

The trade stuff is b.s . The only people who become rich are those who start their own trade business and have a couple employees. Most trades take a toll on the body on top of the fact that you have most tradespeople have a lowe lifetime earning potential than somebody with a college degree.

NomadicWarlord

The trade stuff is b.s . The only people who become rich are those who start their own trade business and have a couple employees. Most trades take a toll on the body on top of the fact that you have most tradespeople have a lowe lifetime earning potential than somebody with a college degree.
This comment just shows me that you have been easily brainwashed by the elites smh :snoop:

I agree you gotta start your own business but I’ve seen it be done. Just like anything else you gotta work at it and not give up. That bit about taking a toll on the body jives with what I said about Somalis not liking manual labor though lol

Trending

Latest posts