Why is SomaliSpot not in Somali?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
af waqooyi is the most accurate af somali afterall every poet was from there

Those are not mutually exclusive arguments.

The waqooyi and Benadiri maxaa tiri are not the basis of the modern Somali language as the current Somali we speak today is actually from Mudug, which is in between both regions.

reer

VIP

The waqooyi and Benadiri maxaa tiri are not the basis of the modern Somali language as the current Somali we speak today is actually from Mudug, which is in between both regions.
basically wardheer was a historic intercrossing of different darod clans. standard somali is based around wardheer north galkayo abudwaq.

mrlog

VIP

Wuqooyi = poetry
Mudug = Spoken language
Koonfur = Comedy

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like

what that makes no sense i don't speak somali mudug dialect
Wuqooyi = poetry
Mudug = Spoken language
Koonfur = Comedy
koonfor comady :mjlol:
u mean
waqooyi comady
waqooyi poetry
the last one is tricky cuz everybody has their own dialect and am pretty sure nobody speaks mudug dialect only mudug citizens do

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
basically wardheer was a historic intercrossing of different darod clans. standard somali is based around wardheer north galkayo abudwaq.
Wuqooyi = poetry
Mudug = Spoken language
Koonfur = Comedy

My point is standard somali (ie language used by SL/FGS/PL etc, schools etc) is the mudug dialect of Somali because it encompasses everybody.

If you were to read a Somali textbook or watch television, odds are it is Mudug Somali or slightly tweaked version of Mudug Somali to fit the specific region.

Cause English is more of a universal language than Somali, and most people here know English better than Somali.

giphy.gif

Well we arent english, and what group of people cant speak and write in their native language and at the same time complain about ”aRaBiZaTiOn” 24/7🥸

barta afkiina!

mrlog

VIP

koonfor comady :mjlol:
u mean
waqooyi comady
waqooyi poetry
the last one is tricky cuz everybody has their own dialect and am pretty sure nobody speaks mudug dialect only mudug citizens do

Ninyo I disagree
Poetry comes from Wuqooyi but Comedy and sketches defo from Koonfur
Awkuuku and Awkoombe and all shacitiro is from the south.
Also the spoken language and qaamuus/dictionary is from Mudug as confirmed by @Periplus
Law and order from my maternal hometown Awdal

Apollo

VIP
Why would we communicate in Af-Somali when most of us didn't grow up in Somalia and our English skills are better than our Af-Somali?

We aren't speaking English out of coonery, just efficiency.

Why would we communicate in Af-Somali when most of us didn't grow up in Somalia and our English skills are better than our Af-Somali?

We aren't speaking English out of coonery, just efficiency.
Lol first and foremost you’re not english and however good you speak their language yall never be one. And secondly alot of foreigners from other cultures are born in the diaspora but speak their native language.

Trending