why is romance not important to somalis

Somalis are very romantic judging by somali songs of which almost 90% consist of love songs.. But maybe Somalis are not romantic in western context which makes perfect sense since we are not westerners.

What is romantic in the Western sense though?

Somalis are romantic before marriage and both parties like to sell each other lies and dreams. You even have a famous proverb. I'll paraphrase is English, i'm sure someone can tell you the real Somali version:

'Court her with lies, live with her in truth'.

Beyn ku keeyne, ruunta ku dhaq.

My Somali writing is trash, so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I am so in love with her when I think about her I cry I cant stand to be without her. Faraaxs like us are very rare. Today I sent her mom money even though I needed it more. I love her more than I love myself:ileycry:

Your romance is short lived, judging by your posts. You're already bored by the mother of your children. I hope you're sending wifey 1 money.

No, my first marriage was arranged. My parents forced me or I would get habaar. Big difference.

Ah okay, that really explains a lot of your posts and view points. Why did your parents force you? Where you a bit of a ciyaal suq? They usually do this thinking their son will be better if he ends up being a married man.

Sorry about your experience btw. We usually hear about women being forced, but men can be as well. That is just plain wrong.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Ah okay, that really explains a lot of your posts and view points. Why did your parents force you? Where you a bit of a ciyaal suq? They usually do this thinking their son will be better if he ends up being a married man.

Sorry about your experience btw. We usually hear about women being forced, but men can be as well. That is just plain wrong.

They took away my passport in Somalia and forced me too marry her or I would never to back. It was really traumatizing, I couldnt do anything about it. They even said you cant leave until you have a kid after the fact.

I even divorced her couple years later but they said you only did one talaq and brought me back or I get habaar and I am dead to them especially my hooyo. Now you understand why I look for 2nd wife

They took away my passport in Somalia and forced me too marry her or I would never to back. It was really traumatizing, I couldnt do anything about it. They even said you cant leave until you have a kid after the fact.

I even divorced her couple years later but they said you only did one talaq and brought me back or I get habaar and I am dead to them especially my hooyo. Now you understand why I look for 2nd wife

Yes, I really do. That is horrible. I know it might be a personal question, why did your parents want you to marry her?!

What is romantic in the Western sense though?
The kind of romance portrayed on Hollywood movies
Somalis are romantic before marriage and both parties like to sell each other lies and dreams.
I think this is a universal thing and not only reserved to Somalis.. All relashions are exciting and more romantic in the beginning but this fades away after sometime
You even have a famous proverb. I'll paraphrase is English, i'm sure someone can tell you the real Somali version:

'Court her with lies, live with her in truth'.

Beyn ku keeyne, ruunta ku dhaq.

My Somali writing is trash, so someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Yeah I know what you mean, your Somali is not that bad keep practicing ;-)

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Somalis idea of romance is pain and suffering. They "fall in love" and dont know how to act. They're out here drinking poison and acting mental on one spectrum and on the other they're reenacting Bollywood riwayaads. It's sickening.

I'd rather have the stiff robotic relationship our ancestors had than this bs today lol.

Somalis idea of romance is pain and suffering. They "fall in love" and dont know how to act. They're out here drinking poison and acting mental on one spectrum and on the other they're reenacting Bollywood riwayaads. It's sickening.

I'd rather have the stiff robotic relationship our ancestors had than this bs today lol.
Once I was in love with this beautiful xalimo but she didn't love me back so I mixed some soap with water drank it while telling her on the camera I don't wanna live without her... The thing is I almost passed out because of the taste :mugshotman:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Once I was in love with this beautiful xalimo but she didn't love me back so I mixed some soap with water drank it while telling her on the camera I don't wanna live without her... The thing is I almost passed out because of the taste :mugshotman:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:deadrose: the dramatics!! Ugghhh I can't.

vanilla

i think with my heart
There is this guy at my work place that i'm in love with. i think about him all the time. He occupies every corner of my mind. But he shouldn't cz hes already with someone... and i gotta respect a sister, so i gotta keep my distance :i83dwbv::i83dwbv:

There is this guy at my work place that i'm in love with. i think about him all the time. He occupies every corner of my mind. But he shouldn't cz hes already with someone... and i gotta respect a sister, so i gotta keep my distance :i83dwbv::i83dwbv:
You can always become his second.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
If your better looking than her then you can steal him.

Trending