Why is Naaya considered a insult?

OffTheDome

Proud American
I was at this Somali restaurant and a drunken Somali man was harassing ppl there. He was kicked out the restaurant after the odeys were hurling insults at the drunk nigga

His sister then comes in and starts saying how it was disrespectful to insult her drunken brother and his Hooyo. We told her “ka bax makhaayadda, adiga iyo walaalkaa oo sakhraansan” and she flipped out and tried to fight the odeys lol. This lady was reer konfuur, I heard konfurians don’t like the word naaya

Anyways why do Xalimos hate the word Naaya?

I was at this Somali restaurant and a drunken Somali man was harassing ppl there. He was kicked out the restaurant after the odeys were hurling insults at the drunk nigga

His sister then comes in and starts saying how it was disrespectful to insult her drunken brother and his Hooyo. We told her “ka bax makhaayadda, adiga iyo walaalkaa oo sakhraansan” and she flipped out and tried to fight the odeys lol. This lady was reer konfuur, I heard konfurians don’t like the word naaya

Anyways why do Xalimos hate the word Naaya?
Maybe it has to do with culture,
The ppl in the south are more laid back and respectful I guess the women from that region are too use to that.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
I think It is because it is too informal, also a word that is naturally used in not so pleasant tone, like something adults can call young girls/dhoocil or young girls they are acquainted with . It is deemed disrespectful.
I noticed that it's short form 'naa' doesn't invoke as much anger among us. For instance a girl could say to her female friend 'naa bal ii waran', 'naa ma ogtahay' etc without issues.

wallahi i don't get it, some xalimos see it as the b word for women completely laughable, nayaa has different categories like ''naa walaal'' ''naa abo'' naayaahe'' etc it's everyday day word so it's not just a word, mostly southerners get offended by it if i go back home it's normal word

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
It’s like someone calling me a b*. Unless my mother calls me nayaa, that’s different.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
It is an insult. This is why reer Konfuur fathers call their daughters "warya".

Must have been at that funny ass makhayad in falls church huh?

Darood sit on one side of the Makhayad

Isaaq sit on the other side of the Makhayad

..... And Hawiye sit outside :deadrose:

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
wallahi i don't get it, some xalimos see it as the b word for women completely laughable, nayaa has different categories like ''naa walaal'' ''naa abo'' naayaahe'' etc it's everyday day word so it's not just a word, mostly southerners get offended by it if i go back home it's normal word
Yeah if you go xamar and call a women naya, Expect violence from her or her male relatives if she snitched on you 🤣

vanilla

i think with my heart
what does naaya mean? :cosbyhmm:I hear the word tossed around but I don't know the actual meaning or the original of the word