Why is Minnesota so damn

It's definitely not as big as other diasporas but then again Edmonton's population is barely a million. So Somalis aren't a tiny minority there. I met a few of them coming back to Canada and my dad and his friends worked there for a while.

He told me a story of him working as a construction worker there when it was -40C. They'd work for 5-10 mins outside then quickly come back inside for another 5-10 mins because of how cold it was. One of my teachers was in Alberta once when it reached -51C with windchill.
Yo that’s extreme conditions :ileycry::faysalwtf:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yo that’s extreme conditions :ileycry::faysalwtf:
yeah but those don't happen EVERY winter from what I know. Probably happens every few years and for a night or two.

Either ways, most winters have nights that touch lower than -35 which is crazy cold.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Minnesota is not the coldest diaspora. Have you heard of Albertans? It reaches -50 C during winters. If you're outside in that weather for longer than 5 mins without gloves you catch frostbites. If you're car breaks down in that weather and you're stuck there for too long you can possibly die.

No joke over there. It's cold here in Toronto too but lake ontario helps us control climate. There's no large enough body of water there.
On my birthday in MN it reached-50 windmill

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Even -35 is mad enough i wouldn’t step outside honestly
yesterday I went to costco with my mom and I didn’t think of bringing gloves. It reached -20°C and my fingers felt numb after pushing the cart back to the car and unloading everything from the cart into the trunk.

It’s crazy bruh. I wish I lived in Vancouver, it’s so warm there during winters and so cool during summers because of the pacific ocean and westerly winds.

yesterday I went to costco with my mom and I didn’t think of bringing gloves. It reached -20°C and my fingers felt numb after pushing the cart back to the car and unloading everything from the cart into the trunk.

It’s crazy bruh. I wish I lived in Vancouver, it’s so warm there during winters and so cool during summers because of the pacific ocean and westerly winds.
I wanted to try live in Toronto for a while but you’re putting me off bro -20 what’s this hell no:dead:

Ugh the other day it was -15 for us all you can do is go to school or work under these conditions funny thing is I looked up a city in the artic in Alaska called Nome it was 5 degrees makes no sense.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I wanted to try live in Toronto for a while but you’re putting me off bro -20 what’s this hell no:dead:
lol now you’re pushing it, no way you’re scared of -20.

if you care about climate that much then move to vancouver.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
It's Literally the Artic Tundra. This shit is ridiculous. Ten minutes outside without covering and you get frostbite. Without fire and man made technology, humans would not be able to live here Walahi

Minnesota summers (although they are quite short) are fabulous. Minnesota has hundreds of beautiful parks, reserves, lakes, and beaches. It gets quite warm, like 85-100 degrees Fahrenheit making it perfect for swimming. Loads of nature and wildlife for the outdoorsy type.

Minnesota is the land of the blessed.
Bro, 85-100 degrees fahrenheit? My hijabi-ass would fucking sublimate in that scorching heat :hova::deadosama:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
We had heavy snowfalls last year , yes there are snows in Africa!
The peak areas and the outskirts of Western Cape snows annually , I remembered nearly freezing to death while driving on the highway enduring the snowstorms , I never wore jacket but that day I held on to it for dear life .

And when I see this thread ,
I would heavily laugh in Russian to my inexperiences with snow in particular despite the weather being a -8 during that time it's nowhere near the world of the
Far East
Since Siberia is in the league , coldest place on the planet -50 c and beyond and they survive , they hang their washed clothes outsides and it becomes ice hahaha

Just put that in mind.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The peak areas and the outskirts of Western Cape snows annually , I remembered nearly freezing to death while driving on the highway enduring the snowstorms , I never wore jacket but that day I held on to it for dear life .

I would heavily laugh in Russian to my inexperiences with snow in particular despite the weather being a -8 during that time it's nowhere near the world of the
Far East
Since Siberia is in the league , coldest place on the planet -50 c and beyond and they survive , they hang their washed clothes outsides and it becomes ice hahaha

Just put that in mind.
especially in siberia they don’t have running electricity and heaters around.

I watched a documentary on kids going to school in a town in siberia. The parents would wake up early in the morning to boil water so the kids can wash their faces when they wake up, they check temperature, cook food. The kids wake up a while later, layer up. Some of them walk for so long to go to school and others take a shanty school bus which isn’t more lucky since if the bus ever breaks down or gets stuck then they’re as good as dead.

their eyelashes would be frosty and stuff. But humans are very adaptive and tenacious. I’m sure if you lived there you’d have a hard time adjusting but once you do, it’ll be normal.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Far East

Just put that in mind.
here’s the documentary

Trending

Latest posts