Why is khat not seen as haram like alcohol and weed?

Because many Somalis are either drug (Khat) users, drug (Khat) addicts or drug (Khat) dealers. They won't implicate themselves.

It is approved at the highest level of government, the current President of Somalia (Farmaajo) allows his brother to import Khat from Ethiopia, in fact, he stopped other khat importers from bringing in the drug so his brother can monopolise the Khat market. This is the country we are dealing with.

Lots of women make a living selling khat so it probably wouldn’t be good to ban cold Turkey. History has shown when you ban a substance like during the prohibition organized crime starts

World

VIP
Not just among Somalis tbh, yemenis are the most conservative muslims yet they chew khat.

It actually used to be considered halal like coffee in the past. I’m pretty sure that some sheikhs consider it halal/ mukruh still.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ #DefundUN
Staff Member
Khat is infinitely much worse than a few beers and marijuana. Khat should be banned by the Somali authorities but I won't hold my breath because the lawmakers and judges and even the presidents chew that nasty garbage.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Khat is infinitely much worse than a few beers and marijuana. Khat should be banned by the Somali authorities but I won't hold my breath because the lawmakers and judges and even the presidents chew that nasty garbage.
I dont understand why somalis have not made khat go viral you know the same way colombians made coke go viral. Immagine if the hole world was addicted to khat like everybody was with coke in the 80s. Somalis would create khat cartels based on clans and allot of people would get rich :mjhaps:

fetty wap cocaine GIF

I dont understand why somalis have not made khat go viral you know the same way colombians made coke go viral. Immagine if the hole world was addicted to khat like everybody was with coke in the 80s. Somalis would create khat cartels based on clans and allot of people would get rich :mjhaps:

fetty wap cocaine GIF
This Nigga Want More Infighting In The Horn Reer Magaal Never Stop Amazes Me

lucious lyon smh GIF by HULU

Everybody knows khat is haram tho, the only Somalis who disagree are the niggas who use it that’s cause they in denial
Khat isn't haram and it was encouraged by sufi clerics for their weird "mysticism" experiences intensification of getting closer to Allah.

When I was a kid,I asked my father's friend who was a waazir "why don't you guys ban this". He looked me in the eyes and laughed for full 2 minutes. He finally replied, "they would kill me". It's unfortunately part of our culture that needs to be addressed.

Not just among Somalis tbh, yemenis are the most conservative muslims yet they chew khat.

It actually used to be considered halal like coffee in the past. I’m pretty sure that some sheikhs consider it halal/ mukruh still.
Houthi leader and grand imam of zaydis in northern Yemen encourages yemenis to consume khat that's why you see in houthi meetings they have bags of khat with them even during their fighting in battles :pachah1:
1635028022591.png

Former president of Houthi Yemen govt

1635028090781.png

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The same reason calling for the death of opponent clans are not seen as haram. Somalis/Muslims pick and choose what part of the religion they follow. :manny:
I definitely agree with you on that.

Because many Somalis are either drug (Khat) users, drug (Khat) addicts or drug (Khat) dealers. They won't implicate themselves.

It is approved at the highest level of government, the current President of Somalia (Farmaajo) allows his brother to import Khat from Ethiopia, in fact, he stopped other khat importers from bringing in the drug so his brother can monopolise the Khat market. This is the country we are dealing with.

Yet this is why I remind them these phrases if
Somalia and it's inhabitants are becoming the butt of all jokes ,
this tragic could have been monopolised , if there were remaining great minds,
instead of importing this plant on a daily basis , it's revenues are lucrative for both Ethiopia and Kenya , the farmers profit ten folds and sent their kids to the best colleges yet our young youth chew like cows , there is a saying you are what you eat and unfortunately that is the case here.
Okay hypothetically speaking ,
imagine there was somehow a strong functioning government and not this godforsaken Villa Amisom circus , but a figure playing a major role for state building , rather than importing this plant, the new administration is adamant to set high tariffs to foreign exporters hence deterring their cash crops from entry, imagine we promoted state only regulated cultivation , exactly how the tobacco and cigarettes industry regulate , We set a standard that 18 + individuals are allowed to consume , also publicly campaigning against Qaad , labels would read out loud "Qaad causes health problems"
The taxation of this stimulant and it's surplus returns to the country , benefiting our financial sectors, the billions of dollars that washed into outsider's pockets are now retrieved
Since the enactment of heavy regulation are now in protocol, the protectionist laws and it usage returning to the Somali economy , crucial enough for state building.

I'm not endorsing the use of this substance but I'd rather see it taxed and the money used for statehood , health , infrastructure , education instead.
That is just my conspiracy and that will likely never happen.

No doubt. Khat impairs the mind and alters its natural state. It's also what somalis chewed to fight hard and consistently during black hawk down lol.
There is a difference between tripping hallucinating and out of your mind kind of high
and being euphoric and false sense of excitement , it is equivalent to drinking 10 shots of coffee or the same amount with energy drinks.

But nonetheless they are both substances altering one's mind.
An altered nervous system is never good.

It is most definitely an intoxicant.

I would say worse than alcohol and other conventional drugs as it makes the user irritable and angry.

I genuinely believe it is a big factor as to why the civil war lasted so long. People get trigger happy when they chew this stuff wallahi. Probably 80% of murders in Somalia was khat related.
Yes this is counter productive and it is like our neighbours are exactly exploiting the misfortunes of the naive masses , the intoxication of these young , old and abled working men proves to be
beneficial to the
farmers , we may treat these people like narcotic distributers, as long we look the other way around and enable the so called politicians we elected on tribal grounds to tolerate these policies , I believe half of them are hooked on to the plant which explains the dysfunctional nature, the failure to govern and the incompetence.
It will continue to be detrimental in our society and the foreseeable future unless we cultivate this plant and regulate locally.
Again I'm just saying it is better than being swivelled like a bait fish chummed to the direction of the rig.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
if khat is an intoxicant then it comes under the sharia rule of lashing the one caught high. imagine telling somalis if we catch you high we will lash you.
shows that our β€œshariah” isn’t so shariah?