Why is khat not seen as haram like alcohol and weed?

Khat is also a drug that messes with your mind idc what anyone says. I’ve seen my dad high off it a few times and he was acting weird asf. It’s not coffee. I find it funny that alcohol and weed are acknowledged as bad but khat is seen as perfectly fine in our community

The same reason calling for the death of opponent clans are not seen as haram. Somalis/Muslims pick and choose what part of the religion they follow. :manny:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Somalis are hypocrites, they basically believe Somali culture = Islam.

Somali parents would rather a son that ate khat all day instead one that smokes marijuana on occasion.

reer

VIP
Somalis are hypocrites, they basically believe Somali culture = Islam.

Somali parents would rather a son that ate khat all day instead one that smokes marijuana on occasion.
if khat is an intoxicant then it comes under the sharia rule of lashing the one caught high. imagine telling somalis if we catch you high we will lash you.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
if khat is an intoxicant then it comes under the sharia rule of whipping the one caught high.

It is most definitely an intoxicant.

I would say worse than alcohol and other conventional drugs as it makes the user irritable and angry.

I genuinely believe it is a big factor as to why the civil war lasted so long. People get trigger happy when they chew this stuff wallahi. Probably 80% of murders in Somalia was khat related.

Most “Muslim” countries let culture override religion as long as it’s done by men. It’s the same with Sudanese and Levant arabs who claim Muslim but drink some weird fermented timir alcohol that they get drunk from, but “it’s culture”. :mjlol:

reer

VIP
It is most definitely an intoxicant.

I would say worse than alcohol and other conventional drugs as it makes the user irritable and angry.

I genuinely believe it is a big factor as to why the civil war lasted so long. People get trigger happy when they chew this stuff wallahi. Probably 80% of murders in Somalia was khat related.
compare alcohol culture to khat culture. its impossible to to be a functioning khat addict. but there are functioning alcoholics. it destroys families similar to alcoholism. somalis should see it as the same as alcohol. why do you think somalis hate shabab? their ban on khat. not on religious grounds. :deadrose:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
compare alcohol culture to khat culture. its impossible to to be a functioning khat addict. but there are functioning alcoholics. it destroys families similar to alcoholism. somalis should see it as the same as alcohol. why do you think somalis hate shabab? their ban on khat. not on religious grounds. :deadrose:
Somalis should smoke weed instead of using khat it will help them with social shit

Most “Muslim” countries let culture override religion as long as it’s done by men. It’s the same with Sudanese and Levant arabs who claim Muslim but drink some weird fermented timir alcohol that they get drunk from, but “it’s culture”. :mjlol:

That drink is only alcoholic if they leave it for more than a few days though. If they consume it the same day its completely fine.

Because many Somalis are either drug (Khat) users, drug (Khat) addicts or drug (Khat) dealers. They won't implicate themselves.

It is approved at the highest level of government, the current President of Somalia (Farmaajo) allows his brother to import Khat from Ethiopia, in fact, he stopped other khat importers from bringing in the drug so his brother can monopolise the Khat market. This is the country we are dealing with.

Trending