Why is it so taboo to live alone before marriage?

Especially for women?

I would love to have my own apartment but my parents would practically disown me for moving out before marriage smh.

Imo it builds your independence and coping skills to live on our own so I don’t know why so many Somali parents hate it. I feel like one of the reasons that a lot of marriages don’t work out in our community is because when you go right from your parents house to living with your spouse you have to learn how to be independent for the first time, but now you have to do it with another person who is also struggling

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Cause when your unmarried your under your parents care until they give your hand away for marriage than your under your husbands care

But if your moving out for studies most somali parents they fine with it

Especially for women?

I would love to have my own apartment but my parents would practically disown me for moving out before marriage smh.

Imo it builds your independence and coping skills to live on our own so I don’t know why so many Somali parents hate it. I feel like one of the reasons that a lot of marriages don’t work out in our community is because when you go right from your parents house to living with your spouse you have to learn how to be independent for the first time, but now you have to do it with another person who is also struggling
With all due respect sis, the real reason is not independence but the influence of western values and abandonment of the sunnah of the Prophet Sallallahu Aleyhi wa salam. When you adopt the kuffar values and think that femminism is the solution and reject the divine revelations of Allah this happens. I have many feminist friends and what they believe and say are beyond haram. The problem is not learning how to be independent but the lack of respect, compromise, patience and accepting Allah's command, "Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth." (Surah Nisa verse 34)
Divorce is qadr from Allah and if calaf ends we can't do nothing about it...but first we must build a house according to the laws of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'Ala and in doing so we will succeed and have righteous children in sha Allah, "For Allah does not fail in His promise." (Surah Imran verse 9)

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I want to leave for uni. my parents can't say no cause my father literally left to live alone in Denmark :kanyeshrug: we are true geeljire so we must move around

Especially for women?

Its not good idea for a woman to live alone for safety reasons. What if you get stalked, raped or killed