Why is it a trend to marry the widows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Why do Somalis love marrying the widows of their brothers or cousins?

I've a friend who's dad recently secretly married his cousin's widow. And no she doesn't have young kids, her youngest is 19 years old. Her mom is livid and reported him to the authorities, the other woman lives in Canada.

I hope his trifling ass gets arrested, how are you going to go to the funeral of your cousin and end up marrying his widow? The man is not even buried for a week. And what's wrong with this stupid woman? She has grown ass kids.

If I ever catch any of my male relatives doing that shit, I will physically fight with them. FOH with that bullshit.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
i wouldnt mind marrying the wife of my cousin,if he left little kids and they needed financial suppourt and i was loaded.Scratch that,i would rather just support the kids without marrying the wife, then again if you marry her you have no choice but to support the kids so it's a win for the children.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
i wouldnt mind marrying the wife of my cousin,if he left little kids and they needed financial suppourt and i was loaded.Scratch that,i would rather just support the kids without marrying the wife, then again if you marry her you have no choice but to support the kids so it's a win for the children.

Why marry her? You can support the kids without marriage.

How about when she has grown kids?

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Why marry her? You can support the kids without marriage.

How about when she has grown kids?
Yh i would rather do that,but i understand why people would marry them because under shariah they have no other choice but to financially support the children,if you're not married you have flexibility in when you want to give the money.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Would make a little sense if she had kids that were Young But this is very strange

Mercury

VIP
It's disgusting even if she had younger kids.
Yes But some people still practice stuff like marrying widows

Like when a brother dies his brother marries the widow its old culture But some still practice it

LOL heartless? NO, that simple means she is a woman, that wants to protect whats hers. end of story
So you'd allow those children to suffer without a father due to selfishness.
Let's say for example, if your man's brother dies with kids and he needs to help them. Wouldn't the best way to help be, to marry the widow and raise the kids

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Marrying any lady with kids is a bad idea if you're a single childless man let alone a widow that's connected to your extended family. It's just too much drama. If you really care soo much about the fatherless kids then you'd support them (as much as you can) without having the need to marry the lady.

But I bet a married man with kids has another perspective on this matter altogether.

So you'd allow those children to suffer without a father due to selfishness.
Let's say for example, if your man's brother dies with kids and he needs to help them. Wouldn't the best way to help be, to marry the widow and raise the kids

I am not saying I am allowing anything, I am just replying on the comment of him calling his wife heartless. While we all know women don't like to share their men if they can avoid it. Its called jealousy. This has nothing to do about being compassionate about someone else's misery. You would see women praising a guy who married a widow. But they won't if its their man.

Regarding marrying the widow, I do think its a very noble act. And the wife that reported him to the authorities
bell.png
a'oedoebillah.

Mercury

VIP
Acctually the wife is not heartless the Guy whose more worried about a widow with 4 kids and considering marrying her knowing its gonna affect his wifes feelings is heartless

And whats the support? Dont you think shes got relatives whose gonna help her through the mourning phase

VixR

Veritas
Wallahi that is something else. I didn't even know Somalis did this pre-SSpot and part of me still doesn't want to believe it :nahgirl:

:nahgirl:
This is one of those things that out of charity, I will choose to believe only when I see, which will most-likely be never, hopefully.

That's what they all say:lolbron:

@ 40 you'd rejoice on the idea of visually stimulating stallion taking the place of late husband before his body get's cold :russ:

It's to help the widow and her kids. My great granfather died at seas and thus his wife and her two kids were taken under the wing of my great uncle. The uncle married her so as to make it a halal relationship and then raised both her kids.

VixR

Veritas
That's what they all say:lolbron:

@ 40 you'd rejoice on the idea of visually stimulating stallion taking the place of late husband before his body get's cold :russ:
Ileen Somalis are cold-blooded.
Well, from my perspective, which was one where my old boyfriend had been dead not a year when I found out this happens from SSpot, I was pretty triggered. I don't remember the thread, but I think ppl like @Gambar remember how shooketh I was when I first heard of this custom :gucciwhat: There's something incredibly perverse about it. To think, in a different time and place, I'd have been essentially passed off to his brother just like that, like some kind of brood mare or something. And to add years of marriage and children in that context is something I can't fathom. Yeah, lakum daqan-kum, or whatever :nahgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending