Why is Benadir only place that pays federal tax ?

To answer your Question.

1. Muqdisho is the only place the weak federal government controls.
2. Muqdisho gets more then it gives. More than 90% of the Aid meant for Somalia goes to Muqdisho. AbdiWelli Gas Aka Mr. Tukarak Said it Best " Muqdisho is not Somalia and Somalia is not Muqdisho". All Foreign countries See Somalia as just Muqdisho.
3. Places like Puntland pay their own taxes to their local government and not to the federal government.

The better question why isn't the rest of the country getting the Aid money. Why does Turkey only invests in Muqdisho. Why Doesn't the federal government control Afgoye which is few miles from Muqdisho.

As someone from Somaliland this is what I have noticed. I am not for or against Muqdisho.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
Nice and emotional essay, you’re mostly pissed that the easiest way to control states is through finances and Farmaajo can’t because … it’s all aid money and he can’t do as he wishes. It’s also interesting that you think tax from the south is spent in Puntland.
STFU you mongrel go and kiss the hairy arab ass you slave, Somalia first and last aabahada was adooon negro

bidenkulaha

GalYare
To answer your Question.

1. Muqdisho is the only place the weak federal government controls.
2. Muqdisho gets more then it gives. More than 90% of the Aid meant for Somalia goes to Muqdisho. AbdiWelli Gas Aka Mr. Tukarak Said it Best " Muqdisho is not Somalia and Somalia is not Muqdisho". All Foreign countries See Somalia as just Muqdisho.
3. Places like Puntland pay their own taxes to their local government and not to the federal government.

The better question why isn't the rest of the country getting the Aid money. Why does Turkey only invests in Muqdisho. Why Doesn't the federal government control Afgoye which is few miles from Muqdisho.

As someone from Somaliland this is what I have noticed. I am not for or against Muqdisho.
You can’t be seriously asking why Turkey only invests in Benadir surely? It has a bigger population than Puntland and Jubbaland, close to SL. And it’s the capital. It’s population keeps increasing every year. Half my state technically live in Mogadishu lol. Official population numbers are an underestimate. It has the benefit of draining educated students from other states but also many Bantu/minorities who’ll do manual jobs that the average Somali looks down upon.

Centralised investment is going to earn you far bigger returns. There’s a massive profit to be made for anyone who builds for example. House prices are more expensive than some Western countries in Mogadishu. With such cheap labour I can see Mogadishu becoming one of the fastest growing cities in the world once we reduce bureaucracy and increase transparency. I invite every Somali to migrate to Mogadishu in the future. It’s clear it’ll take decades to improve a country the size of Somalia. Focusing investment on our most economically active cities is the key for us.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It has a bigger population than Puntland and Jubbaland, close to SL.

Dude, Xamar is not bigger than Puntland or close to SL.

Don't get me wrong, Xamar is a big city but PL has Bosasso, Garowe, Galkacyo, Qardho, Galdogob as well as dozens of large towns.

Similar to Xamar, it is difficult to gauge population anywhere in Somalia but claiming it is larger than entire maamul goboleeds is a bit much.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Don't get me wrong, Xamar is a big city but PL has Bosasso, Garowe, Galkacyo, Qardho, Galdogob as well as dozens of large towns.

Similar to Xamar, it is difficult to gauge population anywhere in Somalia but claiming it is larger than entire maamul goboleeds is a bit much.
Yh no. Abgaal has literally more population than Jubbaland on their own.

Mogadishu is clearly a 3 million population. Puntland and Jubbaland are estimated 2 million and 1 million populations.

Jungle

VIP

Similar to Xamar, it is difficult to gauge population anywhere in Somalia but claiming it is larger than entire maamul goboleeds is a bit much
He said population lol.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Yh no. Abgaal has literally more population than Jubbaland on their own.

Mogadishu is clearly a 3 million population. Puntland and Jubbaland are estimated 2 million and 1 million populations.
1 million lool. From where you bring those information?

or how about this question, Why is benadir the only place which receives the millions of aid, donations and development given by the IC?

You do not see us complain when donations meant for us all is sucked by Xamar, why should the rest of us who do not benefit from the FGS pay taxes? for it to be spent in Xamar only?

:mindblown:
How are you blaming banadir when they have no controll of their own finances ?
Your blame should be towards the FGS not banadir administration who dont have any controll of Aid disbursements in the federal government nor do they have any controll of their finances or security.
2017-2018 disbursements clearly shows BRA being at bottom 3rd while puntland somaliland were at the top .

EIBmDYiUUAArmOk.jpeg.jpg

@Dalalos_ibn_Adali the answer is easy , other then banadir there isnt anywhere else to collect taxes because everywhere else in Somalia is dirt poor .
somalis will be begging for more aid from donors when banadir state becomes reality and every state is forced to pays their own share to FGS .

Trending