Why i avoid somali run businesses

Why does every somali business i walk in the guy at the counter is busy using his phone with his legs up and doesn't even relize you walked in :wtfdis: while the ethiopian and arab run businesses show some great hospitality.

Like i have to always say "wax shaqenaya ma jira" I've used this line and seen it be used many times. Wallahi once the diaspora quit sending these fools money they'll take their jobs more seriously. :susp:

Have u also noticed usually the best hotels and restaurants in somalia is the recently opened one lmfao and after a couple years it becomes a ghost building...what do they know about long lasting businesses and being consistent smh. Thanks for reading my rant

Why does every somali business i walk in the guy at the counter is busy using his phone with his legs up and doesn't even relize you walked in :wtfdis: while the ethiopian and arab run businesses show some great hospitality.

Like i have to always say "wax shaqenaya ma jira" I've used this line and seen it be used many times. Wallahi once the diaspora quit sending these fools money they'll take their jobs more seriously. :susp:

Have u also noticed usually the best hotels and restaurants in somalia is the recently opened one lmfao and after a couple years it becomes a ghost building...what do they know about long lasting businesses and being consistent smh. Thanks for reading my ranting
3 words: Caqli lix saac. Even in diaspora is the same. You question whether they want your business or not.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I remember going to an Indian restaurant, owned by Sri Lankans.
The dude was dragging his legs, tired (at just 12 p.m!!!).
It was the last time I went to his shithole of a restaurant.

If I have to be honest, Lamagoodles can run businesses.

It may vary, depending on their personal work ethics.
I came from a family of merchants (Seyla and Hargeisa niggas), and "we" (not I included) had businesses for over a century.
But indeed, Customer Service is very much needed back home.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Btw,
it sounds so alien to me.

How can't you just treat your customs as literal gods?

I had a small business (as a kid) back home, where I'd spend my days roaming in Djibouti to sell my ice creams until some people became customers, then they'd come home for our ice cream.

I was the owner of that business, my last one :'(
until then I became a slave-salary worker :ohlord: :ohlord: :ohlord: :ohlord:

Niggas who can't treat their customers as they deserve can't be good business-oriented people.
Let them die, Arabs back home are much more competitive, gentle and funny people!
I always look up to Yemeni merchants. They know how to run a business.

1) they greet you as their brother,
2) they present to you their products with smile and energy (and with some hot tea),
3) they try to sell to you their overly-priced products.

These people were born to be merchants tbh.

Idc about customer service, I’d rather enrich other Somalis than line other communities pockets:camby:all the Somali businesses i’ve been to have great products

Wallahi they act like you are bothering them not you sending money to keep their lights on ethiopians are much better because they have to deal with 100 different ethnic groups, and they also had a centralized government which was the monarchy for a long time so they know how to act Somalis are nothing but nomads who don't know shit about business same with Arabs don't let them fool you here they act the same as Somalis back in their countries.

Have u also noticed usually the best hotels and restaurants in somalia is the recently opened one lmfao and after a couple years it becomes a ghost building...what do they know about long lasting businesses and being consistent smh. Thanks for reading my rant
What Somalis know that Somalis are very loyal. As long as the place isn’t utter dirt, they’ll support it.

Celery

Vasodilator
I own a small business but I was an employee for 7 years. When I first started out I didn’t realize the value of good customer service. People would literally ask what you asked. As time went by I realized customers are actually your real boss and I started to treat them as such. It’s hard to realize how important customer service is if you’re paid by the hour and your money is guaranteed.

you know it’s bad when the workers shukaansi all the female customers :jcoleno:
That's bad actions for bussineses.
Had no idea somali male restaurant servers/workers shukansi females customers while on the clock lol.

Worst experience with Somalia owned bussines was a restaurant when I visited toronto in the rexdale area .a bold headed wadaad adheer didnt want to give me my order because I had a man bun but his excuse was that I smelled like xashiish but the wadaad forgot he has a group of ppl smoking outside the restaurant 24/7 and usually man buns absorb that ganja and incense smell .I eventually got my quick hilib ari crave from another restaurant

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
the worst customer service is back home you can go into a clothing store or shoe store the cashier come and ask if they can help you tell them you just looking around

5 minutes later they gonna start getting irritated and tell you to stop wasting their time

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Also another thing I find annoying is when eating at a somali restaurant instead of the waiter coming to your table to take your order you need to whistle or call them over