Why don't Somalis ride their camels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you never heard of Somaliland Camel Corps. It was used against the Mad Mullah.

Somalia-Camel-Corps.jpg
Is that a white guy leading Somali slave soldiers to fight against Somalis in Somali land? :faysalwtf:

World

VIP
Somalis do not ride camel back casually.

The reason is because, camels are not seen as animals but like a family member. Only the weak such as children, pregnant women if they are unable to walk.

At times, camels carry family belongings when moving or are used to fetch heavy water load from long distances.

Somalis should definitely start riding camels and learn horseback riding.

These animals if properly fed and looked after, could serve as useful means of transportation for the nomads
Most Somalis used horses as light cavalry for raiding etc but all of that came to end after British colonialism and then the Somalia state. I don't know why Somalis don't use horses for grazing animals. Only a minority do.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Most Somalis used horses as light cavalry for raiding etc but all of that came to end after British colonialism and then the Somalia state. I don't know why Somalis don't use horses for grazing animals. Only a minority do.
True we can also use watch dogs to guard our sheep. We had a dog in Somalia called John and he did pretty damn good job in keeping the fox at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts