Why don't Somalis ride their camels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
From what I understand (from my mother) is that they used to ride camels. But at some point, that was abandoned.

Bohol

VIP
I guess you never heard of Somaliland Camel Corps. It was used against the Mad Mullah.

Somalia-Camel-Corps.jpg

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Why walk when you can ride a camel? Something that baffles me.
:cosbyhmm:

Only (pregnant) women and small children are allowed

Camels are too precious that's why.

Somali men treat their camels better than they treat their women and even their children.

Camels are to Somali men what dogs are to white men.

World

VIP
Only (pregnant) women and small children are allowed

Camels are too precious that's why.

Somali men treat their camels better than they treat their women and even their children.

Camels are to Somali men what dogs are to white men.
I thought it was because they were malnourished lmao

Because Somalis revere the camel too much to the point they'd rather suffer than lose a camel to injury. They rarely eat its meat too.
If only they used these strong beasts to draw their water instead of causing such strain on their backs to the point where some get stomach hernia from the heavy lifting and bad posture.

It seems like even the simple pulley system is still not used by 21st century Somali nomads unfortunately

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Somalis do not ride camel back casually.

The reason is because, camels are not seen as animals but like a family member. Only the weak such as children, pregnant women if they are unable to walk.

At times, camels carry family belongings when moving or are used to fetch heavy water load from long distances.

Somalis should definitely start riding camels and learn horseback riding.

These animals if properly fed and looked after, could serve as useful means of transportation for the nomads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending