Why don't Somali restaurants move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Customer service is crucial if you want the business to succeed. A lot of these restaurants cater only to Somali audience with very few local ajnabis stopping by. They don’t really care about ratings, menus and friendly interactions like “thank you for visiting us” etc

But if you want to make a name for urself, you have to make everyone feel welcome, make sure to have consistent menu and not ‘whatever we have at the moment”.

I see big potential in our food tho, I have yet to meet a friend who has not enjoyed bariis with hilib and the green sauce :)
Most Somali people have no manners.

When they learn good manners then their business will succeed along with their good customer services.

When I went to eat at a Somali restaurant, I was so shocked how the customers were talking to the young guy who was serving. They called him "Yarow, warhede, warya" I was so disgusted by the women and then a couple came and this man outdid everyone.

He kept demanding for food that wasn't available, When the waiter said we don't have it he threw a fit and began marching towards the kitchen saying "lasagne hala ii sameyo hada":/

Then this woman shamelessly finished her food and said daqso hala iga badalo kan lool...The boy was like; maxa laga badala waba dameysate ..then she said warya yarow iga badal ama give me my money back.

The reason why Somalia restaurants will never be successful is because Somali men usually populate it and scare other customers away. It’s not enough that they chew khaat and talk about politics in a loud obnoxious manner. They also use it as a oppurtinity to hit on young girls. I say don’t allow more than two Somali males to enter the premises and they’re only allowed to stay for an hour.

I switched over to doordash and it has alot more selection and Somali ones too or atleast I think they are
safari(never heard of it)
Jambo(never heard of it)
Afro deli (few blocks away never tried it)
Hamdi (terrible baris)
Let me call in the resident fatty who tried all the food in the city for recommendation
@Reiko
95e8655459944a9a7e4582853cc02dbf.gif

Safari restaurant sells pork under the table, the menu item goes by the alias Fat Joe. A Mexican cook prepares it as no somali would touch pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts