Why don’t Somalis have culture holidays

A lot cultures have culture holidays like Americans have thanksgiving,Mexicans have their own and even the no culture having English people Have their own. However we really don’t have culture holidays that bring people together and no your little clan states Independence Day ain’t culture day. Sometimes I feel like Somalis ain’t got culture , no wonder why we are always talking about pseudoscience. We are the whites of Africa.

A lot cultures have culture holidays like Americans have thanksgiving,Mexicans have their own and even the no culture having English people Have their own. However we really don’t have culture holidays that bring people together and no your little clan states Independence Day ain’t culture day. Sometimes I feel like Somalis ain’t got culture , no wonder why we are always talking about pseudoscience. We are the whites of Africa.

What holidays should we have?

Idk something that brings people together, our ancestors must have had their own holidays, either way it will be useful because it’s another thing the new generation can hold on to. Something that reconnects them with their Heritage.

I agree nothing divisive or related to qabil. Such as historical victories of Adal/Ajuran. Celebrating national poets and artists etc.

Dabshid is still celebrated amongst benadiri cadcads in Xamar
Ethnic somalis in afgooye from the mudulood and Geledi clan also celebrate Dabshid

it used to be very common for all somalis to celebrate it but for some reason nowadays only those communities celebrate it?

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Dabshid is still celebrated amongst benadiri cadcads in Xamar
Ethnic somalis in afgooye from the mudulood and Geledi clan also celebrate Dabshid

it used to be very common for all somalis to celebrate it but for some reason nowadays only those communities celebrate it?
its the civil war most somalis have little if any time to deal with anything other then how to get by inshallah once the country becomes more peaceful celebration that where practised in the past will be practised again

You have to work to have a holiday, for Somali’s everyday is a holiday
AADAE82C-FC2A-4126-9889-0240FBA7A592.gif

Trending