Why doesn't Puntland just secede?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't Puntland just become its own country? The landers are doing it.
I believe you actually could have a good and successful country.

You already have the name and the region, make it happen!

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I think for the foreseeable future they will use Somalia's name until they see that they can not grow farther economical using Somalia.

It is like a prostitute, they don't want to be there but if it pays it pays and when its done they leave

I think for the foreseeable future they will use Somalia's name until they see that they can not grow farther economical using Somalia.

It is like a prostitute, they don't want to be there but if it pays it pays and when its done they leave

Harsh, Majority of the people in Bari, Nugaal, Mudug are Somalia through and through

Their is a minority who this applies to but they will fail Somalia waa muqadas

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Even though, unlike the northwestern secessionists, our largest clan was persecuted from the first day of the kacaan, we are not interested in secession because we have always been staunch nationalists.

This is evidenced by our prominent roles in leading the Somali Youth League, and thus the country, to independence. We also sacrificed a lot to rebuild the ungrateful federal government that spits on us today.
Because they are weak.. :childplease:
Says the one who hasn't been recognised in nearly 30 years, recently lost control of his airspace and his separate aid channel all because of the President of the washroom in Villa Somalia.
:drakelaugh:

But what if we don't want to share a country with you? Somalinimo was never a thing until the colonialists came. Prior to this, you we were all in our respective regions.

Also, you weren't the only ones who sacrificed. Hawiye was majority of the soldiers and did all the fighting. How do you think we got so good at warfare. We believed in Somalinimo, sacrificed for it. Until we realised darood leadership wanted to lord over other Somalis. Deny jobs to skilled people, born and raised in their own capital and giving it to uneducated people simply because of nepotism.

I firmly believe Puntland should take its region, self govern and become its own country. I genuinely don't know why you don't believe you can. You need an intentionally recognised capital. It would stabilise your region and other regions. We need to be 3-4 countries

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
But what if we don't want to share a country with you? Somalinimo was never a thing until the colonialists came. Prior to this, you we were all in our respective regions.

Also, you weren't the only ones who sacrificed. Hawiye was majority of the soldiers and did all the fighting. How do you think we got so good at warfare. We believed in Somalinimo, sacrificed for it. Until we realised darood leadership wanted to lord over other Somalis. Deny jobs to skilled people, born and raised in their own capital and giving it to uneducated people simply because of nepotism.

I firmly believe Puntland should take its region, self govern and become its own country. I genuinely don't know why you don't believe you can. You need an intentionally recognised capital. It would stabilise your region and other regions. We need to be 3-4 countries
In that case, why don't you secede?
:mjlol:

By the way, your complaints of nepotism and such have nothing to do with us unless you're still salty about the Hobyo Sultanate.
:hemad:
All I know is, someone was in charge and it wasnt us bruh.
I think Siad Barre was a good guy. He did Somalians right. Too bad it all went to shit.

I think so much bad and horrible shit happened, everyone is traumatised. We can never be one Somali nation. People just have too many bad memories.SOMEONE is gonna f*ck it all up constantly.
Rather 3-4 separate nations would help.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic

Soomaalinimo is a necessity in this interconnected world. Sure it wasn’t a thing back then, but that was because we were a isolated people. The more separated we are, the weaker we are and it’s easier for a foreign entity to get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts