Why does FGM happen in Somalia?

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
It doesn't matter if it's wajib according to Shafi'i madhab the other ones don't agree which means there's no consensus. In light of our modern understanding of anatomy we see that it's detrimental

FGM in all circumstances has no benefit

The circumcision of the female genitalia is, by all means, permissible in Islam, but there is no hadith or consensus where it is openly and advocated and preferable.

For now, I suggest Somalis stay away from performing such operations on our women, especially when we have no fundamental health institutions or hospitals to do so. As evidence by our carelessness and irresponsibility when handling important manners, this (and already has) caused more harm than good. We have much higher priorities than worrying about a tradition that is not even obligatory in Islam.

There’s a difference between FGM (female genital mutilation) and female circumcision. Female circumcision isn’t obligatory but it’s halal and a sunnah and can only be done by a doctor who’s an expert, not individuals. Only the tiny tip should be cut, not the whole thing.
Yeah and only that

Lol women may promote it NOW after 1000s of years mental conditioning but women did not start the practice! You can bet you arse on that! Also even today in Somalia men would refuse to marry girls that are not circumcised! It is and was a prerequisite to marriage. You have not a clue what you’re talking about so I suggest you shut it.
don't listen to this guy, he's bitter and hateful af, especially towards Somali women

You are misunderstanding like the rest of them. FGM and circumcision are two different things. One is the complete removal which is haram. The other is the sunnah and it is the small removal of a certain area of clitoris which doesn’t change anything (pleasure wise) but it has health benefits. Does that make sense? Everyone needs to stop calling the sunnah one FGM because it isn’t.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

reer

VIP
somalis and other countries go overboard which is why other muslim countries flat out ban in la taabto the female genitalia.

don't listen to this guy, he's bitter and hateful af, especially towards Somali women
I’m actually surprised that someone else noticed this too. There are 4 or 5(you know which ones!) of them here that are so hateful that I highly suspect they may actually just not “like” females all that much, they’re just forcing it lol.

Edit: btw he just created a thread complaining about how nasty female anatomy is....go figure! lol.

Control women. If she can’t feel secual pleasure she wont know her hubby can’t perform so she wont leave him for another lol i hate men and their stupid egos. This has nothing to do with islam its patriarchy system. So much hate towards women in general.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Control women. If she can’t feel secual pleasure she wont know her hubby can’t perform so she wont leave him for another lol i hate men and their stupid egos. This has nothing to do with islam its patriarchy system. So much hate towards women in general.

It has nothing to do with pleasure or sex. It has to do with paternity verification, The clan system can only function if fatherhood is guaranteed. If not for the clan system and Islam we would be Ethiopian today.

Other parts of Africa have major paternity fraud, many men ae unknowingly raising kids that aren't theirs.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/nigeria-ranks-2nd-highest-in-paternity-fraud-in-the-world/

Now with DNA testing we can slowly phase out the practice but it has a logical purpose, like male circumcision.

It has nothing to do with pleasure or sex. It has to do with paternity verification, The clan system can only function if fatherhood is guaranteed. If not for the clan system and Islam we would be Ethiopian today.

Other parts of Africa have major paternity fraud, many men ae unknowingly raising kids that aren't theirs.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/nigeria-ranks-2nd-highest-in-paternity-fraud-in-the-world/

Now with DNA testing we can slowly phase out the practice but it has a logical purpose, like male circumcision.
The fact that you think this has a logical purpose is sick. May i never meet you. 🤮 disgusted.

Nothing logical about it as many groups around the world who are just as conservative if not more do not practise it. Its one way for men to dominate and subject women and whilst yes, a lot of it is to ensure virginity and faithfulness within marriage, but albeit in a cruel twisted way motivated by extreme male insecurities.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The benefit is to control women’s sexuality and to deprive them from pleasure so she’s only a tool her husband utilities at his disposal. The woman can’t have much expectations since she feels nothing, so the man can do his deed in a minute and bounce. I think this is a contributing factor why older generation couples never really bonded, there was no love. Because one spouse had 100% the benefits & power at the expense of the other.

Sadly, 100% of the girls back home are going through this as we speak! And yet Somali guys glorify these miskeen abused deprived women over their western counterparts. That’s all you need to know about men. FGM and gender equality were implanted to solely benefit men and deprive women! And here we are in the 21st century where men as young as 15 are still promoting it even right here on this forum.
But why it's only done and encouraged by women? Even the FGM has some kind of a ceremonial meaning for entering womenhood in some women's perspective, there's even some poems about FGM by women.

Trending

Latest posts