Why does America host the largest amount of SWWS?

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Everytime I see a SWWS (severely whitewashed Somali) it’s from America. Somalis who seem like white people trapped in a Somali body. They have white mannerisms, eat white food and dress white. It mostly tends to be girls for some reason but I’ve seen some guys too

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Everytime I see a SWWS (severely whitewashed Somali) it’s from America. Somalis who seem like white people trapped in a Somali body. They have white mannerisms, eat white food and dress white. It mostly tends to be girls for some reason but I’ve seen some guys too

Outside of the main Somali hotspots in america its hard to find a Somali community. Somali kids growing up without a Somali community tend to just assimilate amongst the locals.

As someone that grew up without a Somali community I wouldn't recommend raising your kids in these areas unless your like upper middle class or rich.

What do you mean by “white mannerism and dressing white?” So Somalis need to dress and act a certain way in order to be normal in your eyes?

Since you only speak English, you may not be aware if other diasporas are white washed or not.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Since you only speak English, you may not be aware if other diasporas are white washed or not.
Swedes are another diaspora that has a enormous amount of SWWS but anecdotally I’ve seen it more with Americans

It where your parents choose you to grow up in. These type of area will map out all your mannerisms and your speech cadence and accents. You shouldn't blame them but just accept them for who they are. For instance I've had a lot of occasions when I went on club house and people would state "wili ka cadaan ya kuma" when I spoke in english. It's highly offensive when i first heard someone state it, but it teaches you who these people are and where they are from. As an Somali American it's good to go outside the Somali community and learn about other groups of people. I actually noticed Somalis that are in large Somali community tend to have a fob accent due to having always of influx of them or not assimilating well . For instance they will be born in America but will a heavy fob accent. So this can be said on both ends of the spectrum of America/fob accent for Somali's.

By whitewashed, do you mean educated with good manners? if so, it might be a case of your being brainwashed, in which case, step closer to the pier, and away from the gully.

If you meant lifestyle, then it is due to simple economics i.e. influence by socio-economic factors more than any, and relatively speaking, one could posit there are more middle class Somalis residing in suburbia in the US than any other, with the Khalij coming next, and in both, they assimilate rather nicely.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Nah the Scandinavian are the worst if we being truthful.

Trending

Latest posts