Why do Westerners especially Europeans hate Erdogan like he’s Hitler 2.0?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I don’t get it. They say he’s a dictator but he’s never held onto power. He got elected then reelected.

The Turkish government before him were islamophobic secular fascists that sent him to jail for a poem comparing mosques to barracks, minarets to bayonets, and the faithful to an army.

At worst he’s no worse than any other western leader wtf.

They claim he’s an Islamist and at this point that word means nothing negative to me.

I don’t get it. They say he’s a dictator but he’s never held onto power. He got elected then reelected.

The Turkish government before him were islamophobic secular fascists that sent him to jail for a poem comparing mosques to barracks, minarets to bayonets, and the faithful to an army.

They claim he’s an Islamist and at this point that word means nothing negative to me.

Why is Erdoğan scared to abolish secularism in Turkey? Why is he flip flopping in Turkish foreign policy? Why is he oppressing journalists and Kurds?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Why is Erdoğan scared to abolish secularism in Turkey? Why is he flip flopping in Turkish foreign policy? Why is he oppressing journalists and Kurds?
He’s not abolishing secularism and frankly that’s none of Europes buisness when they do a million times worse in the Middle East.

Europeans, Central- and Eastern Europeans in particular, just hate all Turks because of history of turkish islamic conquest and because there are huge turkish minorities there they think don't really assimilate and Import "barbaric muslim/oriental culture". They did not like Turkey even before erdogan when they were secular facist and did not let them into the EU while adding even poorer more religious countries like Bulgaria or Greece. Europeans are also just generally much more (even openly) racist than America and don't even hide that they oppose Turkey because of "cultural reasons", the dictator thing is just a lie.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

He is a street thug just like Putin. Thats what rubbing people, including - "I" the wrong way ! At his core- he is a modern dictator. I don't think he will leave his seat alive. He has big ambition, and looks like he is a nephew of the Egypt Hosni Mubarak. The war of Ukraine and Russia showed his colors. He got lucky he survived the coupe- because he is a street thug- who smelled it and God preserved him. We shall see what he will accomplish

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
His own people hate him, he messed up their entire economy with inflation rates hitting record numbers and stresses the citizens hes supposed to be leading. Don't be blinded by the fact thats hes just muslim

When the majority of your citizens want you gone it says alot about the president

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Erdogan isn’t a great leader but he’s the best Turkey ever had and better then their other options.

Turkey had the worst currency in the world prior to Erdogan.

1 USD was like 1 Million Turkish Lira

Yet now people are complaining about 1 USD being 17 Turkish Lira.

Last edited:
The main reason they hate Erdogan is for geopolitical reasons, they used to praise him before his foreign policy shift. After 2011 Erdogan's government became more diplomatically and militarily assertive. He made the country's foreign policy independent instead of towing the line of the West. For example he actively went against America's wishes with the purchase of the S400, and militarily supports the opposite side of France in Libyan civil war.

He also started spending much more on the domestic arms industry making the country much more self sufficient. Can't militarily sanction a country that makes it own hardware after all.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Erdogan isn’t a great leader but he’s the best Turkey ever had and better then their any other option.

Turkey had the worst currency in the world prior to Erdogan.

1 USD was like 1 Million Turkish Lira

Yet now people are complaining about 1 USD being 17 Turkish Lira.

I googled it. U r right.

1 USD = 18.6158 TRY

in 2010 Turkey lira was strong tho

Friday 1 January 2010₤1 TRY = $0.6666

Last edited:
Erdoğan improved turkey's economy from what it was when its was ran by kamalists who demonised islam and bended over backwards for all the demands of the west. There problem is that he is slowly trying to make the country more Islamic and is trying to put turkey's interests over the western ones.

They hate to see a strong turkey that is making demands as opposed to taking them.

The same will apply to somalia when we get our stuff in order. Everyone already hate us in and outside Africa so it's only going to get worse when we get back on our feet and start putting our foot down on matters when we matter.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Erdoğan improved turkey's economy from what it was when its was ran by kamalists who demonised islam and bended over backwards for all the demands of the west. There problem is that he is slowly trying to make the country more Islamic and is trying to put turkey's interests over the western ones.

They hate to see a strong turkey that is making demands as opposed to taking them.

The same will apply to somalia when we get our stuff in order. Everyone already hate us in and outside Africa so it's only going to get worse when we get back on our feet and start putting our foot down on matters when we matter.

Somalia wont get the stuff together huuno. The last Somali standing will be blooded and chanting Anaaa Arabiiiiaaa

Erdogan is a failure. He has been in Somalia for the last 10 years and the security situation in Mogadishu has barely improved and the people are still starving. I would much rather Somalia form ties with a country like France, then we will be stable and safe like Djibouti and attract tourists to our country just like them.

Erdogan is a failure. He has been in Somalia for the last 10 years and the security situation in Mogadishu has barely improved and the people are still starving. I would much rather Somalia form ties with a country like France, then we will be stable and safe like Djibouti and attract tourists to our country just like them.

Djibouti is our enemy and wouldn't want France to help us. Djibouti regime benefits from a balkanised Somalia

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Erdogan is a huge threat for Israel and its ambitions in expanding into Syria, SDF/PKK suppose is to be a bulwark against the Turks to keep them stuck in quagmires

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Erdogan is probably the most productive Muslim leader, so I’ll reserve any grievances against him

Trending