Why do western Somalis want to be black so bad?

Recently I've seen more and more Somalis looking up to xayawaans. Why don't they just look up to cadaans, Jews or East Asians. There is no benefit being a thug, criminal or gangster.

Because Somalis are Black. Also not all Blacks are gangsters, that's a retarded thing to say just like not all white people are school shooter. Blacks produce successful politicians, celebrities, Artists, Doctors, businessmen, athletes and other successful careers. Somalis are Black and there's no shame in being it. We are Black Muslims! We are Muslims first, Somalis second and Black third.

Last edited:
Recently I've seen more and more Somalis looking up to xayawaans. Why don't they just look up to cadaans, Jews or East Asians. There is no benefit being a thug, criminal or gangster.

I could write a long winded essay on why its cool to be "Black", but its mainly Hip-hop culture. On top of that these kids look at their skin color and see that it eerily looks similar to that of their African-American compatriots and form a somewhat superficial bond over that and the fact that they are both decent from the continent of Africa (of course barring the fact that they came through differing means) on top that they are always subjected to the constant propaganda that the "White man is evil" schpiel that is constantly produced on a daily basis by news media outlets and some Hollywood films, thus the youth seemingly finding common cause with African-Americans against "White supremacy". Add on to the fact that on job applications, Government Census, and various other forms of documents when categorizing race they confronted with the fact that they find that "Somali" isn't a real choice and are either forced to choose between "Black/African-American" or "Other" with the former being a more appealing choice. This is due to the average (White) American being a quintessential when it comes to race classification just lumping Somalis in with all the other "Darkies". Couple that with the Somali population in the West being minuscule compared to the African-American population giving Somalis a chance to integrate or sort of blend in with host country using them as a type of conduit vicariously living out the "American dream" through them. Now you might be asking: "Why can't they just copy White people?" thats because the stigma of following White people will backfire on you having you labeled as a "Coon". Also one of the reasons they copy Black people is because both are in the same vicinity obviously coming into more and more contact and as two cultures clash, one is eventually going to have to take on a more dominant role and the other is going to fade into obscurity. And finally, Somalis and Black people are more or less in the same socioeconomic level.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Their parents never exposed them to Somali culture & history, so they just copy the people that slightly looks like them

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
I like to think we’re black caucasoids
:dabcasar:

upload_2019-11-8_15-9-40.jpeg

upload_2019-11-8_15-15-2.png

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We are black, We are Africans, We are Somalis, We are Human Beings. :)

In America, it's important to remember that most of the time 'Black' means African-American or our indigenous black American brothers and sisters (not Immigrants like Somalis, west africans, Haitians, Jamaican). We have to recognize that they have paved the way for us through blood and sweat and are the main reason why we are here. I find that Xaliimos on social media can sometimes confuse the terms, I think they mean good but I believe it also does a disservice to the AA community by forcibly including urself in a struggle that you did not die for. Let us all respect each other, that is what matters the most.

:)

Trending

Latest posts