Why do we Somalis lie so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Its the men who say those things and then do the opposite. When have you ever seen a Somali woman do any of those things? Never.
Don't lie to yourself

Who do you think makes their daughter get mutilated?

Who do you think teaches their kids to hate other Qabiils ?

Who do you think talks shit behind other people?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
"We have a great country"

Yet many people run away and die on the seas trying to get to Europe

"we are a Muslim country"

Yet you will see people fighting over Qabiil justifying stealing,killing another person for it even defending rapists

"We care about our women"

Yet people shun rape victims

Yet people think it's weak to help your wife and will make you less of a man when the prohpet pbu used to do much more for his wives

Somaliland and Djibouti doesn't have this problem so it's not aimed for my people. :)

Mercury

VIP
Somaliland and Djibouti doesn't have this problem so it's not aimed for my people. :)
Im from Somaliland
:gucciwhat:

this is what Im saying when people are lying to themselves This fake optimism is what I dont like about SL

Its just like a person posting on social media the good towns of the city But ignores all the trash, rock filled roads

When we get bombings we Will be no different than Xamar

How about moderation.
Why do we have to be on both extreme ends.
Either a very pessimistic person or one of those millenials that filter pictures of dirt and rubble.
Why not acknowledge the potential of our country, accept and love your identity. AND acknowledge the long path ahead. The path to exterminate tribal mentality, poverty and conflict.
Why not discuss entrepreneurship and recent development instead of the constant aerial views of cities and those highly filtered pictures. Or the excessive praise and shots of three places in Mogadishu.
Why dress in heavily modified cultural clothings and constantly ramble about your nomadic roots. It’s making us look like the AA that wear dashikis. Why not instead show true pride of your roots by actually learning your language and upholding your cultural values. That doesn’t mean pretending that there are no negative aspects to our culture. Admit them and work to change the situation instead of jumping on the cadaan bandwagon of western style ngo awareness.

Im from Somaliland
:gucciwhat:

this is what Im saying when people are lying to themselves This fake optimism is what I dont like about SL

Its just like a person posting on social media the good towns of the city But ignores all the trash, rock filled roads

When we get bombings we Will be no different than Xamar
Alert
Your thread will derail into bantu this and that and qabiil this and that if you respond to this guy. Put him on ignore.:bell:

Mercury

VIP
How about moderation.
Why do we have to be on both extreme ends.
Either a very pessimistic person or one of those millenials that filter pictures of dirt and rubble.
Why not acknowledge the potential of our country, accept and love your identity. AND acknowledge the long path ahead. The path to exterminate tribal mentality, poverty and conflict.
Why not discuss entrepreneurship and recent development instead of the constant aerial views of cities and those highly filtered pictures. Or the excessive praise and shots of three places in Mogadishu.
Why dress in heavily modified cultural clothings and constantly ramble about your nomadic roots. It’s making us look like the AA that wear dashikis. Why not instead show true pride of your roots by actually learning your language and upholding your cultural values. That doesn’t mean pretending that there are no negative aspects to our culture. Admit them and work to change the situation instead of jumping on the cadaan bandwagon of western style ngo awareness.

Exactly if you Love your country show it by your actions

Highlighting the problems we have in our community is the first step to solving the issues

Exactly if you Love your country show it by your actions

Highlighting the problems we have in our community is the first step to solving the issues
Somalis have a herd mentality
We copy on another
If people return en masse we will have people genuinely returing. All those somalocentric millenials and even Adults aren’t planning to return at all. They just go to Somalia for dalxiis.
No more talking needed. We’ve been talking for three decades. Its time for action, I’m personally permanently returing when I get my degree and pay my debt but I’m still figuring out things. Laakin ma aqani waxaa ku kordhinkaro bulshada soomaliyeed marka wa ina ka soo fakiraa.

Last edited:
Somalis have a herd mentality
We copy on another
If people return en masse we will have people genuinely returing. All those somalocentric millenials and even Adults aren’t planning to return at all. They just go to Somalia for dalxiis.
No more talking needed. We’ve been talking for three decades. Its time for action, I’m personally permanently returing when I get my degree and pay my debt but I’m still figuring out things. Laakin ma aqani waxaa ku kordhinkaro bulshada soomaliyeed marka wa ina ka soo fakiraa.

Thats stupid. Its not mine or any diaspora persons responsibility to fix that place. Its 100% on the locals to fix it up.

Also why would you attack someone who's interested in old nomadic culture, god knows were surrounded by BS from all angles just for being somali.

People with hero mentalities are the worst.

You are right walaal. So much hypocrisy and double standards.. The delusion is also high level as you can see with this forum. Acceptance is the first step..

Thats stupid. Its not mine or any diaspora persons responsibility to fix that place. Its 100% on the locals to fix it up.
Oooook
Well that’s your point of view there are actually some Somalis that want to go back.
Also why would you attack someone who's interested in old nomadic culture, god knows were surrounded by BS from all angles just for being somali.
You’re right I shouldn’t have put it that way. Just my opinion I feel like some people are westernising things
Aboowe maxa ka haleeye :mjcry:

o_O

The locals are the victims, sxb. Who armed and financed the militias that destroyed Somalia? Who invaded and occupied us in 2006 to topple a nation that was getting back on its feet? Who exploited our maritime resources and dumped chemical waste on our beautiful beaches? Who denied us our legal, sovereign and historical rights to our lands (Ogaden, Northen Frontier District and Djibouti)?

The reason why Somalia is in this mess is because it’s in the sole interest of the powers that be. Look at Libya, the nation that had more women attending university than men and providing free electricity to the population being reduced to the state it is in today. Blame London, Rome and Washington, our imperial overlords.

Mercury

VIP

Walahi wa yaab first of all the locals are the victims 2ndly how can you say its not our responsibility to help build our country?

Why do you care about nomadic culture you just Said its not our responsibility to fix the place?

Mercury

VIP
You are right walaal. So much hypocrisy and double standards.. The delusion is also high level as you can see with this forum. Acceptance is the first step..
Thats true We got a big superiority complex in our community Other communities like the chinese one they look out for one another even hire among themselves

But Somali community its different people look out for themselves and their clan more

Its very confusing to me for instance Somalis are very hospital,polite and kind when they have a guest visiting their home

But in public around other Somalis when sharing a meal Fadlan ,waa madsanthy,adaa mudan Will rarely be heard the politeness sharing your hilib or banana with others its gone along with table manners everyone smacking their mouths leaving the whole place like a mess

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Look at these comments I see alot of people have this inferiority complex they developed abroad
giphy (2).gif

If youre from a Muslim country in their day and age and aint messed up considering the prophecy the prophet muhammad s.a.w. said how his ummah is going to be killed and the lowest then my friend you gotta reevaluate if your leaders or countries people are muslim. Somalis have had hey days for how many thousands of years and a few years now and you guys are already losing your shit whilst you're in your comfy western country like your opinions matter if you're just shitting on the people there as if they don't want somalia to do well but obvious bigger countries are better schemers right now. They're wining because we already have parts listening to schemers and wanting to leave by their decision and other areas that are being forcefully removed and some have been removed from the whole of somalia.

Last edited:

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Look at these comments I see alot of people have this inferiority complex they developed abroadView attachment 42082
If youre from a Muslim country in their day and age and aint messed up considering the prophecy the prophet muhammad s.a.w. said how his ummah is going to be killed and the lowest then my friend you gotta reevaluate if your leaders or countries people are muslim. Somalis have had hey days for how many thousands of years and a few years now and you guys are already losing your shit whilst you're in your comfy western country like your opinions matter if you're just shitting on the people there as if they don't want somalia to do well but obvious bigger countries are better schemers right now. They're wining because we already have parts listening to schemers and wanting to leave by their decision and other areas that are being forcefully removed and some have been removed from the whole of somalia.
PREACH!

Look at these comments I see alot of people have this inferiority complex they developed abroadView attachment 42082

The Ummah is divided. As soon as the Ottoman Empire was dismantled, it was game over for us. Just as the nabi (swt) predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts