Why do we blame the victim?

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
A useful article for some of you guys here enjoy

Blaming the victim is a phenomenon in which victims of crimes or tragedies are held accountable for what happened to them. Victim blaming allows people to believe that such events could never happen to them. Blaming the victim is known to occur in rape and sexual assault cases, where the victim of the crime is often accused of inviting the attack due to her clothing or behavior.

Why, after such a horrible crime, do so many people seem to "blame the victim" for their circumstances? So what is behind this tendency to blame the victim? One psychological phenomenon that contributes to this tendency to lay the blame on the victim is known as the fundamental attribution error.This bias involves attributing other people’s behaviors to internal, personal characteristics while ignoring external forces and variables that also might have played a role.

Another issue that contributes to our tendency to blame the victim is known as the hindsight bias.When we look at an event that happened in the past, we have a tendency to believe that we should have been able to see the signs and predict the outcome.

This hindsight makes it seem like the victims of a crime, accident, or another form of misfortune should have been able to predict and prevent whatever problem might have befallen them. And this isn’t just something that happens when we are looking at things such as rape or assault. When someone becomes ill, people often seek to blame past behaviors for a person’s current state of health. Cancer? They should have stopped smoking. Heart disease? Well, I guess they should have exercised more. Food poisoning? Should have known better than to have eaten at that new restaurant. Such cases of blame seem to suggest that people should have simply known or expected such things to happen given their behavior, while in truth there was no way to predict the outcome.

We Like to Believe Life Is Fair When It Isn't Our tendency to blame the victim also stems in part from our need to believe that the world is a fair and just place. When something bad happens to another person, we often believe that they must have done something to deserve such a fate. Social psychologists refer to this tendency as the just-world phenomenon. Why do we feel this need to believe that the world is just and that people get what they deserve? Because if we think that the world is not fair, then it becomes more apparent that anyone can fall victim to tragedy. Yes, even you, your friends, your family, and your other loved ones. No matter how cautious and conscientious you might be, bad things can and do happen to good people. But by believing that the world is fair, by believing that people deserve what they get, and by blaming the victim, people are able to protect their illusion that such terrible things could never happen to them. But bad things can and probably will happen to you at some point in your life. So the next time you find yourself wondering what someone else did to bring on their misfortune, take a moment to consider the psychological attributions and biases that affect your judgment. Rather than blame the victim, try putting yourself in that person’s shoes and perhaps try a little empathy instead.

FULL LINK: https://www.verywellmind.com/why-do-people-blame-the-victim-2795911

Too long

403.gif

Nobody is blaming the victim. We just want to know why Somalis (generally) have the same energy to come after all Libyans for the crime of a evil men but they don't have the same concerns for back home where Somalis kill each other in useless retarded wars.

I also don't like the generalizations. Not all Libyans are bad just like not all Somalis are pirates or Alshabab. There are good and bad people everywhere. I'm not doubting that in certain cultures racism is more prevalent then others laakin we shouldn't hate random Libyans or Arabs since Individuals are responsible for their actions. Libya if you know history produced great pious men like Omar Mukhtar, the Islamic scholar who fought Jihad against the Italian colonizers (May Allah have mercy on him).
I'll also be making a thread on him inshallah.

Also, it's ironic to find certain members (Not gonna mention names) who are fake crying for the victims but support and love their clan warlords and the former dictator. These are the same members who make fun of innocent deaths of another qabiil but they wanna fake cry for the victims in Libya. There fake nationalism has been exposed and I don't buy their sympathy.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Nobody is blaming the victim. We just want to know why Somalis (generally) have the same energy to come after all Libyans for the crime of a evil men but they don't have the same concerns for back home where Somalis kill each other in useless retarded wars.

I also don't like the generalizations. Not all Libyans are bad just like not all Somalis are pirates or Alshabab. There are good and bad people everywhere. I'm not doubting that in certain cultures racism is more prevalent then others laakin we shouldn't hate random Libyans or Arabs since Individuals are responsible for their actions. Libya if you know history produced great pious men like Omar Mukhtar, the Islamic scholar who fought Jihad against the Italian colonizers (May Allah have mercy on him).

Also, it's ironic to find certain members (Not gonna mention names) who are fake crying for the victims but support and love their clan warlords and the former dictator. These are the same members who make fun of innocent deaths of another qabiil but they wanna fake cry for the victims in Libya. There fake nationalism has been exposed and I don't buy their sympathy.

I am not saying all Libyans are bad people here let's get that straight. What's clear is people are using this event as a chance to score tribal points pretending to give a crap about the girl. You are still victim blaming when you mention that somalis kill eachother ,there is no need to mention it what's so hard to understand about that? You're pushing the blame away from the culprits and pointing onto somalis for her having to leave . I can multitask I don't just focus on single issues just cause I care about what happens in libya doesn't mean I ignore what happens in somalia at all.

I am not saying all Libyans are bad people here let's get that straight. What's clear is people are using this event as a chance to score tribal points pretending to give a crap about the girl. You are still victim blaming when you mention that somalis kill eachother ,there is no need to mention it what's so hard to understand about that? You're pushing the blame away from the culprits and pointing onto somalis for her having to leave . I can multitask I don't just focus on single issues just cause I care about what happens in libya doesn't mean I ignore what happens in somalia at all.
Except its doesnt need to be said the guys who did it are bad. Nobody refutes that. People are going to root of the problem which often involves the "victim".

Say I go to the jungles of the congo and I get attacked. I am the victim, but I had agency in going to somewhere dangerous.

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Its tells us more about your intellect, and your emotional state. You are a person who doesnt have any attention span. A person that can easily be emotionally manipulated.

Meaning you are weak, you have a lot of growing to do. You weak somali :pacspit:

But you arnt alone, I also didnt read the whole thing.:hemad:

403.gif

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Except its doesnt need to be said the guys who did it are bad. Nobody refutes that. People are going to root of the problem which often involves the "victim".

Say I go to the jungles of the congo and I get attacked. I am the victim, but I had agency in going to somewhere dangerous.

Two things here, in the thread there were people defending it calling Karma or "defending their national sovereignty" . Saying your just going after the root problem does nothing , okay Somali's abuse eachother but what has that got to do with those abused by foreigners abroad. Honestly ask yourself why you feel the need to say it Mentioning the root problem does nothing in this situation .

I'm very confused here, is your point Somali's abuse eachother so we shouldn't comment on these issues cause were hypocrites? Or is it we are being to harsh on libyans and we don't react the same way when somalis do it ?

Either way I disagree with both of these points , granted its what I think your saying right? Sorry if got you misaken though

Two things here, in the thread there were people defending it calling Karma or "defending their national sovereignty" . Saying your just going after the root problem does nothing , okay Somali's abuse eachother but what has that got to do with those abused by foreigners abroad. Honestly ask yourself why you feel the need to say it Mentioning the root problem does nothing in this situation .

I'm very confused here, is your point Somali's abuse eachother so we shouldn't comment on these issues cause were hypocrites? Or is it we are being to harsh on libyans and we don't react the same way when somalis do it ?

Either way I disagree with both of these points , granted its what I think your saying right? Sorry if got you misaken though
I dont victim blame nor agree with that thread. I agree with you.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual

ironically libyans today are fighting the same retarded tribal we have back home, the diffrence is we don't chain up oromo/bantu migrant and torture/humiliate them. imagine traficking fellow muslims and expecting people to not see you as a inhumane monster.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
At this point I'm convinced psychology is mostly pseudoscience dressed up as the real deal.

Of course for the most part it is , but I wouldn't put victim blaming in that branch . But I don't think it matters what victim blaming is listed under or classed us. Since it's a true phenomenon that occurs that is enough for me

I like this article on psychology being pseudoscience and whether that matters or not. What 's your opinon on it

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...809creale2809d-science-does-it-really-matter/

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
These hypocrites dont give a shit about Somalis dying and being held captive. They are qabilists who bash other clans for supposedly not getting over the civil war but then turn a terrible video for FKD

Bunch of braindead xoolo with no damiir and they know who they are

Of course for the most part it is , but I wouldn't put victim blaming in that branch . But I don't think it matters what victim blaming is listed under or classed us. Since it's a true phenomenon that occurs that is enough for me

I like this article on psychology being pseudoscience and whether that matters or not. What 's your opinon on it

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...809creale2809d-science-does-it-really-matter/
It seemed to me the authors goal was to bail out psychology.

Victim blaming doesn't just consists of irrationally blaming the victim. If someone walked through a ghetto with briefcase full of money, it's just common sense to question his thinking whether he gets robbed or not.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
It seemed to me the authors goal was to bail out phycology.

Victim blaming doesn't just consists of irrationally blaming the victim. If someone walked through a ghetto with briefcase full of money, it's just common sense to question his thinking whether he gets robbed or not.

Of course it's a umbrella term not all cases are applicable but it works for the most part i would think