Why do they build such shitty houses in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you wondering....Yes housing in the UK is terrible for the middle class and even more so for the poor. Unlike america most of the houses were built back in the 1920's and have not been changed since then. I can't even use the date the houses were built to justify why they are so small. Cadaan ppl had big families in those days before contraceptives and mass education on family planning. I still don't understand how a third world country can have such shitty and outdated house designs. In this lies somalia's advantage! we still have a chance to develop our country in the way we envision. We shall start by building huge ass houses like in america so even the poor ppl can live in adequate conditions and not have to feel claustrophobic in their own home. Below i will list some common problems us third world ppl have to put up with on this tiny island.

1) Did i mention the rooms a dwarf sized? yes they are so tiny you wonder if the 19th century Britons were hobbits to withstand such living conditions
2)Thin walls- No sound proofing what so ever and what irks me is that ppl are comfortable with this since no one complains about having to hear their drunk neighbour shag his wife every time his favourite team win a match
3)Small gardens- I mean you couldn't even fit a driveway in the back so you can park your car
4)No driveway/garage- Most places do not have these luxuries which is odd, given that most 21st century human beings will most likely have a car! and if they don't their relative will not want to struggle to find parking when visiting

Feel free to list more things you noticed living in the UK.

I hate this country, getting mad hargabs every winter cos of the shitbag infrastructure.

Don't know what my fam was thinking leaving a great 1st world european country for this trash island :mjcry:

For those of you wondering....Yes housing in the UK is terrible for the middle class and even more so for the poor. Unlike america most of the houses were built back in the 1920's and have not been changed since then. I can't even use the date the houses were built to justify why they are so small. Cadaan ppl had big families in those days before contraceptives and mass education on family planning. I still don't understand how a third world country can have such shitty and outdated house designs. In this lies somalia's advantage! we still have a chance to develop our country in the way we envision. We shall start by building huge ass houses like in america so even the poor ppl can live in adequate conditions and not have to feel claustrophobic in their own home. Below i will list some common problems us third world ppl have to put up with on this tiny island.

1) Did i mention the rooms a dwarf sized? yes they are so tiny you wonder if the 19th century Britons were hobbits to withstand such living conditions
2)Thin walls- No sound proofing what so ever and what irks me is that ppl are comfortable with this since no one complains about having to hear their drunk neighbour shag his wife every time his favourite team win a match
3)Small gardens- I mean you couldn't even fit a driveway in the back so you can park your car
4)No driveway/garage- Most places do not have these luxuries which is odd, given that most 21st century human beings will most likely have a car! and if they don't their relative will not want to struggle to find parking when visiting

There were slums in the UK as recently as 1960...

Houses are small because land is expensive, greenbelt regulations prevents cities from sprawling out like in America.

The size of the houses is not an issue tbh, the quality of new homes is pure shit. I would never buy a house built after 1950 here.

I was in UK in summer 2017 I couldn’t stand the air quality. The roads were too small too. I don’t know how people drive there no wonder why most people take public transportation.

Apollo

VIP
America, Canada, and Australia have way more land.. the UK is a small island.. not that hard to figure out.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I have to agree with you. When I eat a heavy meal, I was afraid getting in the shower tub in fear of breaking it. When I visited my family in London last summer before that, fear was in my mind when I showered. The floor of the shower tub is white plastic, sounding making material. I told my family I will yell for HELP when I needed it.

Last edited:

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
Plus the streets are tiny. I dont blame them tho... the british isles are tint and like have the size of somali but triple our population ;add to that the industrial and farming area which takes up a large size of land. Also, london cant grow from its standstill point (m25) so ...yeah.:kanyeshrug:

But you can always travel back to somalia and get a nice 100x100 farm with a mansion

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
America, Canada, and Australia have way more land.. the UK is a small island.. not that hard to figure out.
Australia is massive but we live on less land they all of the United Kingdom’s, we just had city planning although shiet , still better than the UK

Australia is massive but we live on less land they all of the United Kingdom’s, we just had city planning although shiet , still better than the UK
But uk has more than 40 million more people....so you have far more space per person

Can't relate. Live in a tall house built in the 90's and it's built well.

Can agree with shit parking though, but everything cool is a small distance away. While in America you absolutely need a car to survive because everything is further apart and bus systems are less sophisticated.

Too many people live on that small island known as the UK. I went to London 2010 it was not a good experience I liked Cardiff better . Everything in London was small and congested . Don’t know how people live like that. At least Cardiff was small but not so congested . I like space

Too many people live on that small island known as the UK. I went to London 2010 it was not a good experience I liked Cardiff better . Everything in London was small and congested . Don’t know how people live like that. At least Cardiff was small but not so congested . I like space
When I first came to uk...I moved to london, I lasted 2 weeks before I left. Its really a sh1thole if you dont have good money. My close friend over there work as radiographer and even though he makes good money, I end up with more money than him living in Birmingham working in the transport sector. His rent for small apartment is around 1k pound a month. If you go to london you will see so many people struggle just to make it when they could move to smaller city and make a much more comfortable life.

Status
Not open for further replies.