Why do super religious Somalis live in government housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Every time I go and visit my religious relatives they always live in a government home. The house reeks of unsi and there's like 9 kids running every where. The women are wearing jilbaab inside the house and the little girls as young as 2 are wearing hijab. Contrast to the less religious families I visited where they live in big homes The dad has a high paying job and isn't a taxi driver. The mom has a professional job and there's only like 2 kids. Why is that?

Most Somali fobs (religious or non-religious) live on welfare and cheat the system.

Most Somalis are not rich , irrespective of their religious views .We need to make observations on the millineal generation . The most successful from these groups are religious Somalis and hard-working very liberal Somalis . Then you have a lost ghetto generation, who flip-flop between cultural practices of both groups and end up in manual labour .

Also , living in a government home isn't an indicator of someone not being well off . They can be doing better than Simone who is spending most of their salary on a mortgage or private rent .

The best option for Somalis is to buy their council homes . I know a few families starting to do that .

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Most Somalis are not rich , irrespective of their religious views .We need to make observations on the millineal generation . The most successful from these groups are religious Somalis and hard-working very liberal Somalis . Then you have a lost ghetto generation, who flip-flop between cultural practices of both groups and end up in manual labour .

Also , living in a government home isn't an indicator of someone not being well off . They can be doing better than Simone who is spending most of their salary on a mortgage or private rent .

The best option for Somalis is to buy their council homes . I know a few families starting to do that .
da fuq is a council home?

Some SS users will bring your IQ down with their ridiculous generalisations and anecdotes. I am talking about users like OP.

I'm asking how come super religious somalis live in government housing and are not well off?
1 thing this may be just in your family being generally poor and more religious
2 correlation doesn't equal causation
3 this thread and your observation as a whole looks to solidify a bias you already have

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
1 thing this may be just in your family being generally poor and more religious
2 correlation doesn't equal causation
3 this thread and your observation as a whole looks to solidify a bias you already have
My family is not poor, it's my extended family

I'm guessing the more westernized ones have lived in the west longer hence more westernized and less religious. Being here longer means they had time to earn a better job and being less religious means they don't mind taking ribaa

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
It's the opposite from what I have observed, religious families I know have a decent income, live in better homes and are actively involved in their kid's lives.

please be more respectful and less biased :)

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
It's the opposite from what I have observed, religious families I know have a decent income, live in better homes and are actively involved in their kid's lives.

please be more respectful and less biased :)
Who said I was being disrespectful its just an observation :ayaanswag:

Every time I go and visit my religious relatives they always live in a government home. The house reeks of unsi and there's like 9 kids running every where. The women are wearing jilbaab inside the house and the little girls as young as 2 are wearing hijab. Contrast to the less religious families I visited where they live in big homes The dad has a high paying job and isn't a taxi driver. The mom has a professional job and there's only like 2 kids. Why is that?
Kkķkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.