Why do some rwandans and chads look like somalis/horners

I know a decent amount about somalis orgins and gentics but i dont understand why they're people that look somali in the middle of bantu countries.

I just finsihed jummah and was waiting for my dad outside and saw some guy with afroish hair and and wider nose (more than a typical somali) looking at me. He kept looking at me as we walked across eachother i decieded to salam him. He was a cool guy and he told me he was from chad. So i asked why do some chads look somali. He said his name was ali garre and comes from "garre"(idk how to spell it) clan and hes gentically somali but like a lost tribe. i was kinda of shocked but it made sense because ive met a decent amount of chads and they all looked quite somali.

As we were driving home i ask my dad about it and he said that guy, ali, was his friend and he went on to say that the tutsi are also a lost tribe of somalia who left a long time ago or at least thats what he was told.

Does DNA corroborate this and have any of you guys heard any similar sort of stories

World

VIP
Chads have no shared ancestry or genetics with Somalis, I don’t know where this myth came from.

Rwandan/Burundi/East Congo Tutsis are 60-70 % South Cushitic which is why they look similar to East Africans. They got some beautiful ladies.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
The Garre (Tuff subclan and Quran subclan) clan live in Chad. They are known as the Toubou - Gorane (aka Tuff iyo Quran). Many of Chad's presidents were Toubou-Gorane.

The Garre (Tuff subclan and Quran subclan) clan live in Chad. They are known as the Toubou - Gorane (aka Tuff iyo Quran). Many of Chad's presidents were Toubou-Gorane.
Why tf did they leave somalia or have the always been there. Ive never heard of the garre clan in my life

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Why tf did they leave somalia or have the always been there. Ive never heard of the garre clan in my life

They are nomads. They left the Somali lands and did nomadic things.

You probably mean Goran. They are Toubou people, a Saharan population of Chad and Libya. The Toubou are a mix of Nilotic-like with ancient North African ancestry. Despite being slightly more Sub-Saharan African than Somalis, they still carry aquiline features and are, on average, tall and slender in build, characteristics that do not stick out from Northeast Africans.

Intriguing enough, the Toubou leader years ago claimed they descend from a specific Somali subclan, and I think some carry an intuition there are connections. The statement is merely a myth. The Toubou are not directly related to Somalis, but they run in parallel to our Cushitic ancestry. They speak a Saharan language, sharing similarities with their other Sahelian groups from Chad.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
I know a decent amount about somalis orgins and gentics but i dont understand why they're people that look somali in the middle of bantu countries.

I just finsihed jummah and was waiting for my dad outside and saw some guy with afroish hair and and wider nose (more than a typical somali) looking at me. He kept looking at me as we walked across eachother i decieded to salam him. He was a cool guy and he told me he was from chad. So i asked why do some chads look somali. He said his name was ali garre and comes from "garre"(idk how to spell it) clan and hes gentically somali but like a lost tribe. i was kinda of shocked but it made sense because ive met a decent amount of chads and they all looked quite somali.

As we were driving home i ask my dad about it and he said that guy, ali, was his friend and he went on to say that the tutsi are also a lost tribe of somalia who left a long time ago or at least thats what he was told.

Does DNA corroborate this and have any of you guys heard any similar sort of stories
Somalis are flag bearers of Cushetic language today, and Cushetic language dates back to ancient egypt, so for that reason it make sense people who racially look like us would claim us, this is the case with Chad but there is no genetic proof, its also the case with Tutsis but there is genetic proof for them. I think we are flag bearers for the race all together, that is our phenotype, everyone who look like us better kiss the ring.

Trending