Why do some cultures not value marriage before having children?

I decided to log into Facebook for the first time in years. I grew up in a part of Toronto with a lot of Jamaicans, Guyanese, Trinidadians etc so I went to school with them, and have them on my FB (I’ve had my Facebook since I was like 11, lmao)

A lot of the Caribbean girls I went to school with have children now, some had them when they were teenagers. Not one of them is married. They only post their kids but there’s no wedding pictures, mention of a husband..

I find this so strange. Is marriage just not a thing in their culture? African Americans are also the same from what I’ve seen. I will never understand having children out of wedlock being normalized. Why not make it official first?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
They have lost their morals and values. Parents didn't push their old ways on their kids and let them free. I know many like this and eventually they get married to their partner later in life. I'm just like what is the point? You already spent most of your life with this man and have kids? They do everything the wrong way!

Bass

😼
It's a lack of culture, the African Americans have lost their culture due to various reasons like slavery, injecting drugs and gang culture into AA neighborhoods, etc.

It's an issue rooted in the loss of traditional values and a degree of systematic oppression.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I couldn’t agree more. I was watching an economics video that was also looking at marriage and they were talking about how women en-masse can create changes of men committing if they withheld promiscuity and NOT committing to men without a wedding ring.
A woman should guard her chasity at all costs. As men, we love the chase.

Ladies should know you really want a man to be with you and stay for the right reasons sexual relations need to stay off the table until there’s a ring.

A woman should guard her chasity at all costs. As men, we love the chase.

Ladies should know you really want a man to be with you and stay for the right reasons sexual relations need to stay off the table until there’s a ring.
Watch this interesting video that looks at the phenomenon that @mrlog highlighted. It’s a bit oversimplified but it’s an interesting theory that I believe has an element of truth to it.

Trending