Why do Somalis widely approve khat but not alcohol or other drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Khat is neither halal nor haram its makruuh (extremely detested) it should be avoided altogether Allah knows best

Shaolin23

But Khat is worse that Xashiish is xashiish makruuh?
Xashiish is completely different its on par with khamr in terms of how it affects the brain it gives the same effect of being drunk sloppiness, memory lapse,disorientation, impaired speech,dizziness, desire to sleep,intense hunger khat doesn't do any of that unless you extremely abuse it like if you drink 30 cups of coffee you might get the same effect but who would be crazy enough to do that

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Xashiish is completely different its on par with khamr in terms of how it affects the brain it gives the same effect of being drunk sloppiness, memory lapse,disorientation, impaired speech,dizziness, desire to sleep,intense hunger khat doesn't do any of that unless you extremely abuse it like if you drink 30 cups of coffee you might get the same effect but who would be crazy enough to do that
Waan fahmay Jaale:ehh:

Shaolin23

Waan fahmay Jaale:ehh:
Not advocating for khat btw its best to stay away from it the fatwas I've seen describing it as clear haram have come out only recently as if our classical scholars didn't know any better dont you think after so many Islamic empires century after century that ruled Yemen logically it would of been wiped out from that country by now if it was clear haram:reallymaury:

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Not advocating for khat btw its best to stay away from it the fatwas I've seen describing it as clear haram have come out only recently as if our classical scholars didn't know any better dont you think after so many Islamic empires century after century that ruled Yemen logically it would of been wiped out from that country by now if it was clear haram:reallymaury:
Im not knowledgeable so i shall leave it to the Culamaa. Jaale Shaolin adna Ma qayisha?

I read there are like 700 varieties of Khat...

Also, how damaging is it? I wonder if much of the negative side-effects of chewing Khat can be attributed to widespread use of DDT and other pesticides banned in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts