Why do Somali's in the UK mostly live in council flats/rented accommodation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do most somali's live in council houses in the Uk it seems they do not own many properties compared to other people but rather use rented accommodation(This is just from my observation living in the UK)

i was on twitter this morning and apparently cops make 23k a year.:gucciwhat: i think it's in euroe or something.

what's the point of working marka?

I support those somalis who scam the government.

The only way to afford a house in the big cities is to get a mortgage. Riba is a big taboo in the Somali community, eventhough pakis, bengalis, arabs and turks do it. If I had enough deposit for a mortgage I'd do it, I don't see how it's xalal constanly lying to the government to stay in your council.

You can live in a council house without receiving any benefits. Everyone thinks; to live in a council house, you're automatically receiving benefits, if you have kids older than 19 you don't receive any benefits keep that in mind, you'll have to pay the rent in full and housing tax as well.
The good thing about living in a council house is that if ur behind with rent payments you don't get kicked out by no crazy landlord, and you get the chance to pay them off. However, after living there for some time you have the right to purchase it as your own house.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
You can live in a council house without receiving any benefits. Everyone thinks; to live in a council house, you're automatically receiving benefits, if you have kids older than 19 you don't receive any benefits keep that in mind, you'll have to pay the rent in full and housing tax as well.
The good thing about living in a council house is that if ur behind with rent payments you don't get kicked out by no crazy landlord, and you get the chance to pay them off. However, after living there for some time you have the right to purchase it as your own house.
I agree! I live in the Midlands and lots of Somalis are buying their council houses!

Let's be honest, vast majority of council tenants decide either not work, or if they work they undeclared their income (like me), or they get cash in hand jobs whilst still claiming benefits. A council tenant that work's full time, declares all their income and pays taxes is a rare breed.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, vast majority of council tenants decide either not work, or if they work they undeclare their income (like me), or they get cash in hand jobs whilst still claiming benefits. A council tenant that work's full time, declares all their income and pays taxes is a rare breed.
Excuse me, do you live in a council house? You can't speak for everyone...and I totally disagree with you boqolki iyo boqol.

Why do most somali's live in council houses in the Uk it seems they do not own many properties compared to other people but rather use rented accommodation(This is just from my observation living in the UK)

And also, what most Somalis do is that they save money to build houses back home, why spend it on this country when you're not going to live there Forever? It doesn't make no sense.

Fels

#trollhunter
i was on twitter this morning and apparently cops make 23k a year.:gucciwhat: i think it's in euroe or something.

what's the point of working marka?

I support those somalis who scam the government.
Then the whites will probably come to us complaining its better work

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
You guys are weird why would you get a mortage or pay £1100 every month for a 2 bedroom flat in North London?

Why would you do that when u can get it free from the govt with abit of been.

And also, what most Somalis do is that they save money to build houses back home, why spend it on this country when you're not going to live there Forever? It doesn't make no sense.

You think born and bred UK somalis want to buy properties back home now thats a lie many somali's i know say they want to raise and live in the UK for the rest of there lives somalia does not offer them anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending