Why do Somalis have heart disease problems? Is it in our DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
This is a common disease in our community. Is it our eating habits? The khat? Or is it in our DNA? Each ethnic group has a health problem in their communities and I think heart disease is ours. I would include diabetes but diabetes is something you do to yourself so I will not add that in here. Diabetes does not happen to people who look after themselves

This is a common disease in our community. Is it our eating habits? The khat? Or is it in our DNA? Each ethnic group has a health problem in their communities and I think heart disease is ours. I would include diabetes but diabetes is something you do to yourself so I will not add that in here. Diabetes does not happen to people who look after themselves

You're wrong brother, there is two types of diabetes, type 1 is mainly due to genetic factors, while type 2 is mainly due to lifestyle but with a genetic component. It is therefore difficult to say with the same certain you proclaim that it is a choice based disease.

Somalis got life style diseases, especially in the West, fatty foods, no excise and the stress of refugeedom are killing our hearts and minds.

Never seen heart disease in my family. My family has no disorders or genetic conditions that i've heard of but my cousins family has loads of asthma cases. Ladies dip into my superior gene pool, we also have the height gene from my father's side.

:mjswag::russsmug::westbrookswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending