Why Do Somalis Have Camels?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Camels isn't native to Africa. Most native tribes herd cattle, cows, goats, sheeps. But never Camels. How did the Camel enter Africa? You won't see any of our neighbors or in Africa practise this. The question is how long ago did we arrive from Middle-East?

We don't see 'camels' on ancient egyptian paintings either but more damn cows and cattles type of communities. I think personally there is 4 groups of humans based on their occupations.

1. Horse people(asians, europeans)
2. Cattle, Cow people. They are all over the world but Cows and Cattles didn't originate everywhere
their must be an origin point for them also, then people migrated makes sense and cross breeded it later on
3. Camel people are the most unique as it's not common outside the mid-east or 'specific' parts of Afica and India.

I think personally people met and encountered different occupational groups which formed different languages and values and eventually 'wars'. I think it's linked to our animals that determine what our culture became, it wasn't taught in school but in our environment and jobs that we carried out.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You can tell who is native in Africa by their animal work. Cows/Cattle are very native it was on ancient egyptian paintings of communities doing this including ancient punt. I think they say the first wave of humans were hunterer gathers and lived like that long time which is the first wave like aborigines and others who went different directions.

But then break-through happened in mid-east such as nomads and shepherds, their was second wave from these people with their cows, camels, sheeps, goats who most likely followed the rains and populated large areas of the world.

Then the last break-through was farming which is what led to civilization. Ironically all around Mid-East the break-throughs in humanities. But original africa were hunter/gatherers like australian aborigines, thy are from the earliest populations carrying on the same occupation so they must not of encountered mid-eastern people to learn these things like farming, nomad work, or even knowledge and civilization

Last edited:

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Part of the culture, only thing is we need to capitalise on it.

Have dairy farms but with camels.
  • Camel Milk
  • Camel Yoghurt
  • Camel Butter

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I eat meat more than anything but would never touch the Nobel camel's meat.

Really hope it doesn't become a global delicacy. Keep the Chinese out just in case.

Trending