Why do Somalis feel inferior to Arabs on social media

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
People are quick to point out how Arabs always mistreat Somalis , Arabs have good and bad people . In Yemen and Saudi Arabia Somalis get mistreated but there are other countries such as Syria (before the war) and Jordan that welcomed Somali refugees and gave them education and healthcare.

Just like there are African countries where Somalis are treated well i.e Zambia, Uganda and then you have xoolos in South Africa that kill Somalis. People need to stop thinking in black and white , there is no middle ground for some of you .

At the end of the day I identify as Muslim and Somali , I have Arab, west African , east African and south Asian friends but I feel the closest to my Somali friends because we share the same culture.

Gambar

VIP
But during the war Arabs in Somalia got raped in huge numbers because of their light skin complexion, their land got confiscated and they are considered as .5 today with basically no rights watsoever.

Somalis are worse when it comes to racism and mistreatment.
Those were cadcad and they are a mixture not just Arab. Arab Somali are different. They were raped, kidnapped and murdered because they’re a minority clan and could be easily exploited. It happened to other clans as well. My grandfather has a lot of PTSD, he said he witnessed it and when he tried to save them they nearly shot him but missed. They have always been considered a minority clan but they are nationalist, they were part of the Somali youth league, and they were very educated and rich. They lived in certain districts in Xamar. My fathers side lived in Xamar and one of my Aunts married an cadcad man from Xamar before the war. Xamar was a cosmopolitan city where every clan lived.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
But during the war Arabs in Somalia got raped in huge numbers because of their light skin complexion, their land got confiscated and they are considered as .5 today with basically no rights watsoever.

Somalis are worse when it comes to racism and mistreatment.
Are you talking about reer xamar folks? Why not say Indians or Pakistanis got raped

2D239D36-11C4-486E-8A71-D4993E538BAE.jpeg

Yes I’m a proud secular Muslim and ethno nationalist Somali :samwelcome:

NFD long live the only democracy in the Middle East
You cannot be a secular Muslim. Secular by definition is denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis. If that applies to you, you're not a Muslim. And in Fiqh, there is also politics (how to run a society). It isn't a wordly matter unaddressed in the deen. And btw you seem pretty opposed to Islamic values, often criticizing Islamic rule as extremist and inferior when that's far from the case. Harvard rated the Quran as the world's greatest source of justice, and yet you called the Islamic Courts the 'Al-Shabab Courts' just because you disagree with it. You don't sound much different from an apostate when you say things like that (not saying you are one though).

Because they’re slaves to the black man.

Black man told them to hate arabs so they hate arabs. If theblack man tells them to be pro Arab they’ll be first ones screaming free Palestine.

Somalis are literally the easiest people to control wallahi.

Because they’re slaves to the black man.

Black man told them to hate arabs so they hate arabs. If theblack man tells them to be pro Arab they’ll be first ones screaming free Palestine.

Somalis are literally the easiest people to control wallahi.
You mean xalimos are easy to control

No I mean Somalis. Your average Somali boy wishes he could be west African or a western madow. He talks, walks and mimics them in every single aspect.

sorry.:)
It’s because sadly Somalis in the west face discrimination from madows, so they wanna be like them because they are different