Why do Somali hijabis all take off hijab for their wedding day

I always find it so comical that weddings are the one free pass day in our culture for hijabis to show their hair without anyone coming for them. And then back to covering full time

I get wanting to look pretty for your wedding but if you cover ain’t it supposed to be all the time? Why cover at all then lol. I would feel like a clown posting wedding pictures hair out all over IG then putting hijab on next day like the whole world didnt already see my hair. Not judging but I find it funny

Based

VIP
I've always had this question at the back of mind but never really asked anyone. Weird people we are.

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
I noticed too and it doesn't make sense. Who said it halal not to cover that day.
Obama Reaction GIF

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
It's not their real hair so does it really count cause technically nobody saw your real hair? It mostly wigs and weaves, very few rock their natural hair.

It's mostly this

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I always find it so comical that weddings are the one free pass day in our culture for hijabis to show their hair without anyone coming for them. And then back to covering full time

I get wanting to look pretty for your wedding but if you cover ain’t it supposed to be all the time? Why cover at all then lol. I would feel like a clown posting wedding pictures hair out all over IG then putting hijab on next day like the whole world didnt already see my hair. Not judging but I find it funny

In a perfect Islamic world yes, a Hijabi bride would be great. But this is her day, with her man. I think its ok

It's not their real hair so does it really count cause technically nobody saw your real hair? It mostly wigs and weaves, very few rock their natural hair.

It's mostly this

Most don't wear wigs but have extentions for length and thickness, so yes they are most definitely showing all of their hair but with added fake hair.

Not all hijabis do this, the ones that do, are usually the part-time hijabis, or those who like to share part of their hair.

Real hijabis don't have mixed weddings and they don't have male photogs/videographers etc.
it's a time for family to celebrate the union of a couple. nothing wrong with men and women co-existing because that is natural

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I mean, each to their own. But what really is the point of wearing hijab just to take it off and have videos and pictures of your hair out just for your wedding
Best thing to do is make sure it’s an all women’s wedding. Wearing no hijab then should be no problem.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada

They also drink and go clubbing

Trending

Latest posts