Why do people say that Somalis look the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither. And I know what you mean by that.

The generic “Somali” look is basically the Iman so tall lean long faces with dark skin. Anyone who deviates from that is mistaken as Habesha or some other shit.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I'll be honest I used to say this aswell until I was in a big room with lots of somalis and realised we do look alike tbh.
I take it as a compliment

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I find they say that regardless of skin tone. I had one lady tell me you must be Somali - those high cheekbones, thin frame and features say it all - modelesque :mugshotman:She said though Somalis look similar to Ethiopians, you can tell because they have protruding eyes, thicker hair and shorter legs.:dead: This coming from an cadaan. I underestimated her. They have been studying us, it seems.

Last edited:
Since most other nations have many ethnic groups in their country that make up large percentages and some of them intermarry. But in Somalia its like 80-90% just one homogenous ethnic group.
So we have the leat variation in looks.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis don't look the same, but you can generally tell who is Somali. I think they mean the latter.

It's because we refused to mix wiht the other races of the world. We legit have more right to claim to a pure aryan race than any alt right white boy.

:lolbron:

World

VIP
Somalis don’t look the same. As @Apollo said, we have a lot of phenotype diversity.

But it’s easy to tell who is Somali. Like we all have some features that others can easily pinpoint to us.

most cluster to that generic Somali phenotype
Scrawny face, curly hair, recessed chin, fat lips, fat cheeks, small nose, big forhead, dark skin...
you know what i am talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending