Why do people do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t particularly look Somali so people always assume I’m this or that and then proceed to talk about me in Somali thinking I don’t understand the language.

Has anyone ever had this shit happen to them?

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I don’t particularly look Somali so people always assume I’m this or that and then proceed to talk about me in Somali thinking I don’t understand the language.

I think I look noticeably Somali, fellow Somalis recognise that and speak to me in Somali.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basic

VIP
See, I wish people would recognize that Somalis are such a diverse group of people. We don't all look alike.

Yeah Somalis are definitely diverse looking but at the same time we do for the most part have distinct features that pinpoint us.

I think in my case, I’ve got an ambiguous look which means Somalis recognise me but others claim me too. :manny:

@Nemesis What do people think you are?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

Yeah these Somalis I worked with when I was in high school were convinced that was I was Ethiopian. They even tried to speak in Amharic to me :(

Basic

VIP
Yeah these Somalis I worked with when I was in high school were convinced that was I was Ethiopian. They even tried to speak in Amharic to me :(
They even spoke Amharic to you :dead::hemad:

Has an Ethiopian ever mistaken you as one of them btw? :dwill:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
They even spoke Amharic to you :dead::hemad:

Has an Ethiopian ever mistaken you as one of them btw? :dwill:
Yeah plenty of times. I use to work at coffee shop when i was younger and random ethiopians would speak to me in amharic but than i would tell them i'm somali. Some of them would even give me a weird look as if i'm lying lol.......

Basic

VIP
Yeah plenty of times. I use to work at coffee shop when i was younger and random ethiopians would speak to me in amharic but than i would tell them i'm somali. Some of them would even give me a weird look as if i'm lying lol.......

You must have a general East African look to you. :leon:

Do other Somalis identify you as a Somali as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending