Why do innocent people get punished?

Why do innocent people get punished? That’s one thing I will never understand! Not only that we can never accurately estimate how many innocent people in this world have been the victim of extremely unfortunate events. Do you think this world is inherently evil?

Alif-Laam-Meem. Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe’, and will not be tested? And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make known, those who are true, and will certainly make known those who are liars.”

(Al-Qur’an 29:1-3)

Muji

VIP
@Shanshiyo1234 if you desire justice to be prescribed for you and others then it makes sense to believe in an afterlife where this can happen, there certainly isn’t any justice in this world.

Last edited:
Why do innocent people get punished? That’s one thing I will never understand! Not only that we can never accurately estimate how many innocent people in this world have been the victim of extremely unfortunate events. Do you think this world is inherently evil?
Even the prophets were falsely accused some were jailed. Alxam we have much to be thankful for. May Allah reward all the innocent people with jannah.

@Shanshiyo1234 if you desire justice to be prescribed for you and others then it makes sense to believe in an afterlife where this can happen, there certainly isn’t any justice in this world.
Somewhat agree but what type of afterlife? I mean yes evil people will go to hell in Islam and their victims will get justice. However hell is also gonna be filled with innocent gaalos who’ve lead an objectively moral life. Evil Muslims will be in hell for a finite time until they’ve paid for their evil doings and go to heaven after, whilst your average gaal who’s probably tried to live their life as good as they can will be be forever burning:zhqjlmx:

Somewhat agree but what type of afterlife? I mean yes evil people will go to hell in Islam and their victims will get justice. However hell is also gonna be filled with innocent gaalos who’ve lead an objectively moral life. Evil Muslims will be in hell for a finite time until they’ve paid for their evil doings and go to heaven after, whilst your average gaal who’s probably tried to live their life as good as they can will be be forever burning:zhqjlmx:
You dont know that. Allah can give them a pass. I dont think Allah will burn someone alive for eternity if the messages didn't reach them and they tried to live a moral life. if i wasn't a muslim and lived in the west my whole life i wouldn't know what to believe either there is too much confusion about islam in the west. May Allah guide us. Allah knows best.

Muji

VIP

lol you’re making a lot of assumptions sis. I think most religious people are hypocrites and I’m also looking for justice for them.

We can use what we know about this earth, science and a sense a hope that justice will be carried out to believe in God. People who don’t want an afterlife often don’t want their actions to have any consequence other than that which is immediate. But I have some hope that there will be justice for someone like Aisha.

nomadicblood

I am not a farax
Why doesn’t Allah test the wicked? I hate the word test. It’s an excuse to start trouble.
Allah tests his beloved servants. But also test to see if they have faith in Allah swt. Allah does not only test people with difficulties. He also test people with richness to see if they obey him.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
The world is extremely indifferent to ''good'' or ''bad'' people. It's doesn't favor one over the other. It's your religious and moral upbringing that's coloring your view of the world. For me it was shocking too, but that's because I was wrong for imposing my views on events and situations. It is what it is...

On what basis did you judge them to be innocent?

The only perspective you see is one which skewed and very limited while the most high that created all has unlimited perspective in these matters well into the future

This includes all the what "if" scenarios and what there outcomes would be had they transpired.

In a normal court case, the judge doesn't just look at the crime itself, they look at the history, background, motives, intent as well as psychological evaluation of the criminal before reaching a verdict.

In the end it all boils down to a very simple question, you either trust the all encompassing Justice of Allah and his wisdom as the creator and sustainer, or you trust your own limited, clouded, one-dimensional view of 'justice' and 'wisdom'.

Muh innocents

If you want an honest answer, this life is transient and ephemeral. The hereafter is Eternal. A bit of suffering on earth isnt much when looked in the religious scope. If youre atheist, its even harder to complain about suffering.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Evil and innocent are subjective concepts and not objective ones, but never mind that. The reason why these people, who you think are innocent, are victims of unfairness and misfortune is very simple. The world just doesn't care about you, me, or the innocent. When we die, even if all humans die, the world still goes on. So... the world isn't inherently evil but it isn't always nice to use so we sometimes think it is

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
That's the reason I became less religious, I can't believe in a God who allows daily atrocities to go by, what's worse is the religious folk who justify it with they're not religious enough or it's a test or some other bullshit excuse.

Best you can do is ignore it or try and do the best you can to bring justice.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
This world is indeed the making of an incompetent Creator entity. You have reached the first step; the last is realizing that there is no escape

Trending